ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from the Gulf Coast  (Read 3829 times)

kawai2g4b

Hello from the Gulf Coast
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys, this is Mitch from SE Texas.  I'm primarily an electric bassist but also do guitar, percussion, piano and upright bass.  I got into ADA recently as I needed gear that was versatile enough to cover my love for Thrash, Soul/Funk, and Jazz in a single rig.  Since I am still relatively young, I never was exposed to rack gear as I started past its heyday.  My MP-1 has solved most of my one amp rig issues that I always had, not the least of which is being able to get an a**load of tight crunch, something I could never do to my liking with an amp and arrangement of pedals/boards.  I was not around for the original forum but I am glad to be a part of and contribute to this version.

:banana-guitar:
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Hello from the Gulf Coast
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot, Mitch!!

It's always nice to have some 'new blood' in here too, have a seat, start a discussion, make some friends for life.  :ada-big:

I'm a big fan of ultra-clean tones, the MP-1 always delivered that with the SS voicing for me. My MP-2 has some very nice cleans as well, it's hard to find anything that can cover the range the ADA preamps deliver. I'm glad you have an open mind to try new (and sometimes old) things to get what you're looking for.

Dante

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Welcome Mitch,i must say you have a big musical taste going from trash to jazz  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Mitch, welcome, after all these years I still think the ADA pre-amps are the best ever.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up