ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MXC MIDI switching Issue  (Read 8273 times)

peoriashows

• Dude
MXC MIDI switching Issue
« on: Time Format »

My MXC pedal is not switching through to a second MIDI device. I have it set up with my MB-1 and phantom powered.  It'll switch the MB-1 parches, but not those of my Alesis Midi-verb III. I checked the obvious stuff like making sure the midi channels were set properly on everything and doing a factory reset. When I hook up my old MC-1 it works fine and switches both units simultaneously the way it's supposed to. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MXC MIDI switching Issue
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Not an issue I remember and that's pretty weird.  The patch changes coming from the MXC should be the same as the MC1 and just passed through  :dunno:   The MXC uses additional midi messages for CC control but if you are just sending patch changes, that shouldn't matter unless the MV111 is interpreting them differently ? But why would it ?  Possibly a mismatch in the message packet size ?? Does it work with another midi unit (ie not the MV111)?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I haven't tried it with anything else in the chain, but I did hook the MXC directly to the Midi-verb and it worked! It's just not passing anything through the MB-1,  but the MC-1 DOES work. I haven't hooked one of my MP-1's to see if it does the same there. I'll see if it's doing it on that unit tomorrow.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I wonder if it has anything to do with the "hidden" commands (page 17), Bank + 4 = CC Latching on/off and bank + 8 is system exclusive protect off/on, although I haven't found an explanation of the latching parameter (or I haven't looked hard enough).  Have you tried using the MB1 midi out and put it in panel mode (so front panel changes are output to midi out), also with 1 to1 midi mapping the midi out should be the same as midi in.  Though I don't get why the midi thru isn't working  :dunno: Attached the V2 manual and release notes in case they help.
And this is where I got to with CC control of MB1 http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1549.0#lastPost
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

How did you connect the alesis, through the midi out or the midi tru of the MB-1?

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

How did you connect the alesis, through the midi out or the midi tru of the MB-1?

I tried both.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

What happends if you connect the midi out of the MB-1 to the midi in of the alesis and you change presets by hand on the MB-1? 

Also if you reverse it first go to the alesis midi in and then via the midi tru to the MB-1?

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

What happends if you connect the midi out of the MB-1 to the midi in of the alesis and you change presets by hand on the MB-1? 

Also if you reverse it first go to the alesis midi in and then via the midi tru to the MB-1?

I just now noticed this question. I will try that and see, but I did have the same issue when I hooked the pedal and Midi-verb up to one of my MP-1's. I also reversed the chain and hooked the pedal to the Midi-verb IN and a Midi out to the MB-1 IN.  When I do that I get the same effect, but reverse. It'll change the channel on the Midi-verb,  but not the MB-1
« Last Edit: Time Format by peoriashows »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Maybe a worn out midi jack on the MXC? seen this before but with more midi based fx where not all of them where switching. Replaced the jack and it worked fine.Now not saying this is the solution for you but it could.

BTW are you using a long midi cable?

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Maybe a worn out midi jack on the MXC? seen this before but with more midi based fx where not all of them where switching. Replaced the jack and it worked fine.Now not saying this is the solution for you but it could.

BTW are you using a long midi cable?

Yes, but also used a brand new 7 pin midi cable and same issue. I might buy a new jack from you along with those MP-1 output jacks. I'll send you an email soon. I need to pick up another MDRT as well

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Ok I'll make a good deal for you  :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up