ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie from the UK  (Read 4463 times)

Auntie Ada

Newbie from the UK
« on: Time Format »

I guess I maybe considered the odd one out amongst you as I'm no metal-head. I've been using an MP-1 through a Palmer speaker-simulator for direct recording since 1991. I'm always trying for a mixture of Fender-y cleans & gritty tones, mixed with a more Fripp-like lead tone. I've tried other valve pre-amps but the MP-1 does it best for me.

Other stuff I use : Fender Roland-ready Strat with Callaham bridge & Spertzel Locking tuners
                             Fender Double Edgebound Strat (Same as Tom Morello's "Soul Power" model)...which I'm selling...
                             Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 25
                             Roland VG-99 & GR-55 units
                             Eventide Factor Pedals x 4
                             Z-Vex Mastotron fuzz
                             Strymon Deco stompbox
                             Line 6 DL-4
                             MXR Phase 100 (Late '70's)
Plus various analog synths & sundry doodads...

Glad to meet y'all

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Newbie from the UK
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Auntie ADA, welcome to the depot  :wave: Your not that odd amongst us, we have a reasonable cross section here  :thumb-up: I was watching a David Bowie doco last night, my favourite bits are the Fripp stuff, great tone/phrasing etc, totally get why your attracted to it (as am I). Seems you have a bunch of nice gadgets to play with  >:D :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Auntie Ada

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up:  I do seem to have accrued a few infernal devices along the way don't I ?
                     Incidentally, one I forgot to mention was the Digitech IPS-33b which I see you use too. It's a little cheesy these days but I just can't bear to retire it just yet.

Amongst my go-to pool of guitarist faves are people like Fripp & Belew, Tom Verlaine & Richard Lloyd, Bill Frisell (Particularly with Naked City & Power Tools), Nels Cline, David Torn, Keith Levene (ex-PiL), Graham Coxon (Blur), that kinda thing. A mixture of Post-Punk & (Post-?)Jazz with a light sprinkling of Prog...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I like the IPS33, although I don't use it much these days, like you it's still in the rack and I do use it here and there. Nice collection of influences BTW, have you listened to much to Trevor Rabin ? gets the harmoniser going.. I liked what he did with Yes, and then Can't Look Away is a great listen (on so many levels). Players like Fripp and Jeff Beck helped convince me that every note is valid, I like to listen to them before I play a gig, helps with solo ideas/energy. I grew up on a diet of Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Uriah Heap and lots of great Australian pub rock (as that's where I live..) AC/DC, Angles, Rose Tattoo, Cold Chisel.

Question, is the Palmer cab sim stereo ? if not maybe try it in the MP1 loop then the outs A/B are cab simed but stereo.

Auntie Ada

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Yup, the Palmer PDI-05 is stereo alrighty. I'm not a great lover of chorus fx but the ADA one is so creamy it has to be enjoyed in stereo !

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey

Welcome to the depot  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot, Auntie Ada!! So nice to have you aboard the good ship ADA

You're not the only non-metal head in here, believe me. There are plenty of rock heads too (is that a thing?)

Share some pics of your wonderful gadgets and turn them all on, we like shiny objects and bright lights.  :banana-trip:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Well rock ape is how I describe myself  >:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up