ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 240378 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #75 on: Time Format »

Well at 1 am I had it pumping, one of my ESL63s kept tripping its protection circuit, so I had to turn it down a bit  :facepalm: . I agree, this is one of their best albums, and I get what your saying re Brian J, maybe he just needed a rest LOL. Ahh smoking, that's a hard one to give up.

so rare to find anyone of this opinion.  A lot of people don't like flick of a switch either, again another one I love.  I'm sick to death of "Back in Black" to be honest.

hmmm what else have I been listening to this week..................

Witchfynde - Cloak and Dagger

Aaaah the devil's playground  !!!

One of my favorite bands,Lords of sin is one hell of an album :thumb-up:

I never ownded Lords of Sin.  I listened to it last week as well.  I will buy it now because I liked it.  I have the first album Give em Hell and Cloak and Dagger.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #76 on: Time Format »

Lords of sin is their best album IMHO.Your also missing Stagefright,released in the same year as Give'm hell.
Have all their 80's stuff on LP (even have cloak and dagger and lords of sin as picture disk),all their singles on 7" and everything on cd.
Also check out "The witching hour" (2001) with all rerecorded songs from their 80's albums.Also on the CD of the lords sins are a few live bonus tracks (very good recorded for being live).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #77 on: Time Format »

Lords of sin is their best album IMHO.Your also missing Stagefright,released in the same year as Give'm hell.
Have all their 80's stuff on LP (even have cloak and dagger and lords of sin as picture disk),all their singles on 7" and everything on cd.
Also check out "The witching hour" (2001) with all rerecorded songs from their 80's albums.Also on the CD of the lords sins are a few live bonus tracks (very good recorded for being live).

I listened to the Witching hour the other day.  I didn't like the singer as much but the old stuff he records sounded well.  I really enjoyed how the guitar sounded just like it did back in the 80's but with the more modern "ambience" or lack off.  I have heard Stage Fright also but I never bought it either.  I usually go through bands back catalogues when I get into them but I never did with Witchfynde!!  I shall remedy this  :thumb-up:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #78 on: Time Format »

yeah the new singer isn't as good as the old one,and yes the guitar sounds really good,i like that sound.Old school marshall sound.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #79 on: Time Format »

yeah the new singer isn't as good as the old one,and yes the guitar sounds really good,i like that sound.Old school marshall sound.

he's not bad but I love Luther Beltz alot!!  Sound like he is actually singing for Satan  >:D

Yes proper guitar sound unlike the bullshit sounds I hear on some albums today!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #80 on: Time Format »

Couldn't agree more  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #81 on: Time Format »

I discovered these guys and have ordered their albums already

Living Dead - Vengeance of Hell              (crazy vocals but I like)

Hallows Eve -Tales of Terror

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #82 on: Time Format »

Whitesnake - The Purple Album.......... one word: EPIC!!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ob0v6_whitesnake-stormbringer-official-video-the-purple-album-new-studio-album-2015_music

My favs and recommendations on that album to listen in:
- Gypsy
- Mistreated
- Stormbringer (Über-Track on the album!!!)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #83 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, nice combination  :thumb-up: , I haven't heard Stormbringer in a very long time. I regularly play bits of Mistreated (just for fun). I'd highly recommend No No No from Fireball, probably my favourite DP track, such a great solo...

We've been working on Iron Man (Sabath).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #84 on: Time Format »

2 GREAT bands,both from the '80s,strange you didn't know them before?

Yes the singer of Living Dead is something special. >:D  One of the good 80's German trash bands.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #85 on: Time Format »

2 GREAT bands,both from the '80s,strange you didn't know them before?

Yes the singer of Living Dead is something special. >:D  One of the good 80's German trash bands.

Sure, I had been recommended Living Death by my Swedish pals but Hallows Eve I discovered by accident myself.

Well I wouldn't have said either were very well known bands, and only now there is so many lesser known bands for all to discover on the internet am I finding so many I never heard before.  You're also a few years older than I am and have had longer to discover all these bands.  I'm 32, what age are you?  ;D  :bow:  :amaze:  I'm not being cheeky just curious  ;)

My friends knew living Death but they only went as far as the first album.  I discovered them a few weeks ago and I bought all their albums :)  I really love them.

Today I am listening to:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #86 on: Time Format »

Well on his profile MJMP is 7 years younger than me LoL, you can search members or just click on their username and check their profile info, no everyone lists their age, MJMP and I do though.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #87 on: Time Format »

Only girls don't list their age or they lie about it  :lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #88 on: Time Format »

Well both Hallows eve and living death where popular here in Belgium.Hallows Eve did a song on Metal Massacre 6,most bands that came on MM albums became popular later.Do you know the MM albums?Also good are the US Metal vol 1-4 albums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Massacre

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #89 on: Time Format »

Only girls don't list their age or they lie about it  :lol:

ok ok I'll admit I'm the oldest lol   :lol:

32's not bad.  Age doesn't really matter anyways.  I'd hate to be "down with the kids" right now anyways, the youth in the UK are pure trash!  They're a joke to the rest of the world.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45   Go Up