ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 240387 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #405 on: Time Format »

Playing like this inspires me a a lot!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2S0lS1ne7g

I do hope someday I can be as good as this guy.  Val Gaina is an underated god of guitar in my opinion!  How can you get this good living in the USSR with no or little exposure to the shredders of that day (1986)?

They got their exposure to shredders on the black market back in the day, just like they got everything else that was outside of the USSR. I don't know who this guy is, but I hear where he draws his compositional skills from, and that is from the Classical music that he probably heard growing up.

Harley 8)

I hear ya Harley.  When I say "little or no exposure" I kinda know the exposure they did get was probably black market stuff, the point I was making was that it was a lot tougher than you or I just walking into a shop and buying heavy metal records so full respect to him  :thumb-up:  I know they had to record albums outside USSR due to pressure from KGB to extort money from them (as they did with a lot of bands) so it was by no means easy to be a metal band back then in that era under that regime and I commend those soviet era metal bands as they've bags of character and weren't just copies of western bands.  I think the first incarnation of the band was shut down by the KGB also so good on em for managing to get it back together and put out what albums they did.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #406 on: Time Format »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #407 on: Time Format »

I like this band,nice power metal.To bad you can't understand a word he's singing.Anybody understand Russian??

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #408 on: Time Format »

I like this band,nice power metal.To bad you can't understand a word he's singing.Anybody understand Russian??

You know them already?

August their name translates as. 

I like the sound of the language being sung, it doesn't matter to me that I don't understand them.  Is that bad?  I really enjoyed the keyboards in that album you know, sometimes they really work in heavy metal don't they?

I think some modern keyboards in metal these days sound week though.

I just noticed my swearing has stars in it which I did not do, has the anti swear detector switch been flicked guys?  I'll be good from now on if that is so.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #409 on: Time Format »

Well if you like keys in metal check this japanese band out,good musicians.(As with all older Japanese metal bans).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjiRJjfJhXA

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #410 on: Time Format »

I just noticed my swearing has stars in it which I did not do, has the anti swear detector switch been flicked guys?  I'll be good from now on if that is so.

We did, but please don't feel like you need to censor yourself...only the words that invite the wrong crowd when searched have been "starred".  Wrong crowd as in people searching xrated subjects....
Do carry on; it's not meant to be a big deal or to keep us from talking the way we do.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #411 on: Time Format »

Ok no sweat guys, I do swear a lot lol

Ok mjmp I will check them out.  I'm not mega into keys but when it works well it really does work!  You know what I mean.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #412 on: Time Format »

I know what you mean and BTW these are all analog keys  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #413 on: Time Format »

Well Deep Purple, Uriah Heap etc case in point, not that I'd call them metal bands, a Hammond through a Marshall, great sound. And Jon Lord played all the rhythm parts, Blackmore is very sparse (depending on the song).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #414 on: Time Format »

I really like that shredder... Les paul, Marshall... here we go!
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #415 on: Time Format »

Superjesus; Sumo
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

PrimalScream91

« Reply #416 on: Time Format »

The last week or so I've been revisiting some Iron Maiden, I forgot how much I liked them. It's nice to listen to an album all the way through sometimes, you really get the full experience. It's so much more interesting than cherrypicking personal favorites all the time.
Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #417 on: Time Format »

Being a big maiden fan myself,which erea do you like?

PrimalScream91

« Reply #418 on: Time Format »

Being a big maiden fan myself,which erea do you like?

I really like the Di'Anno albums, after listening to Dickinson for a while it's nice to change it up. I was actually told to check out the Di'Anno albums back in high school when one of my teachers heard me listening to W.A.S.P.

The first Dickinson era albums are favorites, I've never fully committed to listening to Somewhere in Time or No Prayer for the Dying though, not sure why.

What about you?

Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #419 on: Time Format »

Well me too, my favorite albums are

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave

So the old stuff actually. Also like the singles they put out that period.The B sides usually had something special that wasn't released on the albums.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45   Go Up