ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 240339 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #195 on: Time Format »

Hey Thanks Guys  :bow: :whoohoo!: I agree RG, age means nothing, as we all prove here every day  :thumb-up: and yeah you sound like a grumpy old dude (which I am a bit these days). Hey every now and then the younguns surprise you (in amongst the crap). Although I've become much more cynical over the years... I love this place though, gives me hope (not a trivial thing)  :whoohoo!: .
Mmm getting older, guitar playing continues to improve (happy with that), but eyes, ears etc....

Hey don't know about Coverdale, Glenn Hughes did a solo Oz tour a while ago, I like him, very talented, but he's got an ego... For DP that combination was the first time there were any vox harmonies, hence the gorgeous 9th harmony's Hughes does on You Fool No One, and he goes off in Mistreated with all that hi stuff (falsetto) (both off Burn).

you better mean I sound like a grumpy old dude in a good way!!   :nono:

Not my fault other stuff is shit these days  :lol:  We have a show over here called "grumpy old men"  and it's got celebs on there who are getting near middle age and they basically are venting their disdain over things, like Faceb**k and shit like that.  I can't help but agree with them on a lot of things hahahahaha
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #196 on: Time Format »

Well while you're much younger than me, that's what I meant, I'm a grumpy old dude (and I don't mind), you seem to be becoming one (welcome LoL even though your not that old). I even use it as a band name (though the guys say hey, we're not old... and I got some push back on the acronym GODs just how it worked out really. Describes me to a tee BTW. So now we are One Mike Stand (down the coast) and 1st World Problems here in Canberra. Hay whats in a name.. Oh and yes I mean you sound like a GOD in a good way (if it wasn't already clear/apparent)  ;)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DorsetRatt

« Reply #197 on: Time Format »

Blues on steroids ...

Meniketti: On The Blue Side

And I'm throwing in a curve ball ...

Narnia: Awakening

(great guitar playing from Grimmark, probably been said too many times ... but reminds me of early Malmsteen)
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #198 on: Time Format »

Well while you're much younger than me, that's what I meant, I'm a grumpy old dude (and I don't mind), you seem to be becoming one (welcome LoL even though your not that old). I even use it as a band name (though the guys say hey, we're not old... and I got some push back on the acronym GODs just how it worked out really. Describes me to a tee BTW. So now we are One Mike Stand (down the coast) and 1st World Problems here in Canberra. Hay whats in a name.. Oh and yes I mean you sound like a GOD in a good way (if it wasn't already clear/apparent)  ;)

hahahah love it GOD - GRUMPEY OLD DUDE!!!  Aye f*ck it, someone needs to be grumpey.  In reality it's just being pissed of at stupid shit though.  Lets face it..............it is  :thumb-up:  You just get to a point were you can't tolerate BS anymore and will be vocal about it.  The UK is well known for this.  Even though I'm Irish, we're the same.

ok off the topic as usual

Listened to

Grave Digger - Heavy Metal Breakdown
Grave Digger - Witchhunter
Grave Digger - War Games
EVO/ ALGY - Damned Unto Death
Raven - Mad EP

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #199 on: Time Format »

Hence 1st World Problems, I think MikeB came up with that for a name.  When we get together (generally every Fri night) for a play, we often have a good moan  ::)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #200 on: Time Format »

Some dutch metal today.Picture,one of the best Dutch metal bands going strong since 1980 and they still exist !!

Rabid check them out i think you also gonna like them.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #201 on: Time Format »

Some dutch metal today.Picture,one of the best Dutch metal bands going strong since 1980 and they still exist !!

Rabid check them out i think you also gonna like them.

Ahh Picture, I never knew they were dutch.  I listened to Eternal Dark before and I thought it was ok.  It didn't blow me away though.  Fanatastic cover I have to say.  I will check them out again MJMP.  I thought it sounded a little too soft if I remember correctly.

I'll give them a go again.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #202 on: Time Format »

Their best albums are Picture,Diamond Dreamer and Heavy Metal Ears.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #203 on: Time Format »

it may not be appropriate to post this here but since I was talking about them the other week why not.

Not everyday I get to play with idols of mine!  Huge influences on my musical background and continual inspiration to play music.

Tomorrow night - let's hope I do a good show!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #204 on: Time Format »

NICE!!!!!!  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #205 on: Time Format »

Go RG, I'm sure you'll be awesome, and hopefully a good crowd to feed energy off  :thumb-up:

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #206 on: Time Format »

I hope all went well RG!
That's is one sweet ass promo poster :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #207 on: Time Format »

cheers guys.  It went ok.  Not my best show to be honest.  Played some stuff great played some stuff great but with some fuckups!!  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Basically no food and a shit night sleep the night before didn't help.  I now know not to do this again.  Basically I got no food that day because I went to work in the morning, then when I came home I had to get ready then, off I went again to get the gear, then once I got to the venue I had to set up, then once I did that I had to sound check.  Then it wasn't long after that that I was playing so it's easy to miss your meals!!!  And for me concentration seems to go when I'm running on empty!!

As for Raven!!  Holy shit!!  They were incredible.  1 and a half hours pure quality  entertainment from incredible musicians!!  So much fun. They're delivery was flawless.  They said we played well also but I never believe any band that tells me this for some reason as it always seems false to me.  Although I later heard Ravens drummer came up to our singer and said he only caught the last song and he went "holy shit" in a good way so I'm hoping we did make an impression on them.

After the show!!  I never even got to chat with them because the venue wanted us out of there pronto so they can re open as a night club for students to listen to shit music played by a DJ.  So Once we loaded the gear out there was no way of bumping into Raven again.

Some day I might see them again.  Who knows???

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #208 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, well not all doom and gloom LoL, reminds me of mixing a band (Trader) at Woolongong RSL (rissole club), gig was 10pm to 2am, after lugging up the narrow stair case, set up sound check they play, I mix, lug out, and the only food is potato straws (1 mm x 1mm x30mm chip like things) from a vending machine (and that's breakfast for the day before).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #209 on: Time Format »

sounds silly and that I am making excuses but I was f*cked for sure from not having at least one meal that day.  When I left work I had to walk up a stupidly long steep ass hill for 3/4s of a mile.  Then I  got home, rushed over to our practice room.  Started carrying shit to load up.  Then had to load it out again and set up on stage.  Then play and put on an energetic performance.  Then take al the shit down again and load out.  It's easy to see how you can burn out.  Sleep is something I never thought much about either and only now do I realise you are not yourself unless you are rested.  On tour I slept a lot on the bus, so I was always super rested before each show!  I played f**king awesome on the tour!!!  I was also fed well :)  So I swear things like this can make a difference!   :banana-trip:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45   Go Up