ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 240445 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #120 on: Time Format »

do you do covers man?

I been listening to these guys because they one of my top most fav bands and I will be backing them up in a month or so when they come to Belfast!!  Cannot wait!!  Two Power Trios of Metal!!!!  Us and them!!!

Their new album - which is a masterpiece

and then this other masterpiece

and then a bit of TW thrown in - awesome album

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #121 on: Time Format »

Wauw does Raven still exist?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #122 on: Time Format »

Wauw does Raven still exist?

yes of course they do!!  Where have you been?  Stuck under an amp somewhere??   :lol:

check this out!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Ns7J2r55k Doesn't sound as good on Youtube though.  Who can still sing the way the used too back in the day?  Raven's singer clinches the title.  Rob Halford for example is past it and has been for years.  Raven's John Gallagher has still has got all the range!!!!

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #123 on: Time Format »

I'm also a standard A440 aficionado (is Europe still A445 ?, used to be), although I don't mind a bit of dropped D (we are currently having fun with Shine (Collective Soul, but they also drop a semitone, I/we don't) and Spoonman (Soundgarden, which I used to play in standard tuning, so harder but doable, easier and more fun in dropped D). And if you want to play Rolling Stones (or a bit of slide), open G is your friend, Keith Richards had 5 string teles' made because so many of their songs are in open G (e.g. honky tonk woman, brown sugar etc (I'm showing my age LoL).
Sometimes people tune down a bit to assist vocals, I've considered it from time to time (to assist my vocals LoL), but nuh...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #124 on: Time Format »

Rabid,good thing i have got you to keep me updated hahahaha  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #125 on: Time Format »

+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #126 on: Time Format »

I'm also a standard A440 aficionado (is Europe still A445 ?, used to be),
What?  I have never heard of this, may be the pitch on your record player was f*cked Richard?  I want you to google this and find out if you didn't just make that up  :crazy:

Sometimes people tune down a bit to assist vocals, I've considered it from time to time (to assist my vocals LoL), but nuh...
  Yes a lot of bands I like in their later years have started to do this.  It's called cheating!!  They should retire if they can't do it as good anymore.

Thankfully Raven do not have to do this shit!!!

ACDC are another one!!!  IN fact Brian Johnson lost his vocals a bit from about 1990 till like Black Ice 2010.  He is now awesome again and can hit the notes!!!  Funny both Brian Johnson and Raven are from the same part of England!!!!!!!  I wonder is it something in the water in Newcastle England keeps singers voices good??

+1  :thumb-up:

Of course!  I detect slight sarcasm there though!!  Just listen to that album man, I think you should be impressed!!

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #127 on: Time Format »

do you do covers man?
Normally, not really. Except for maybe open jam night or for shits and giggles. However I took a side gig filling in rhythm guitar for an 80's pop metal cover band while he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. I only need to learn a handful of tunes (the rest I knew at one time but need to refresh myself). I have a month so plenty of time and I get to jam some of my hero's! :bow:
Lynch, DeMartinni, Jabs, Shenker :whoohoo!:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #128 on: Time Format »

What?  I have never heard of this, may be the pitch on your record player was f*cked Richard?  I want you to google this and find out if you didn't just make that up  :crazy:
From what I understand Europe is still A445. I know the London Symphony Orchestra still uses it, just read that in an article recently.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #129 on: Time Format »

From what I understand Europe is still A445. I know the London Symphony Orchestra still uses it, just read that in an article recently.

perhaps they do, but as far as guitarists go I will tell you that most if not every tuner you get comes defaulted to 440.  So over here every guitarist whos tuning up to standard is tuning to 440 whether they are aware that the orchestra is 445 or not.  I will tell you something else.  I know no one else who knows anything about tuner calibration.  There is so much ignorance in the world of guitars as you guys know I'm sure.

I dunno where I learnt it but concert pitch to me  (in the UK) has always been 440.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #130 on: Time Format »

My son just told me his marimba uses A=442

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #131 on: Time Format »

what are you guitar tuners set as mjmp?

Perhaps because I get most equipment from other countries it all comes set default to their standard so for instance my boss tuner would be set to 440.  I have a zoom recording unit, it has it's tuner defaulted to 440.  I bought a new strobe tuner last week, a snark, from London.  It was set to 440.

Richard had to come along and open this can of worm didn't he  ;)   :lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #132 on: Time Format »

I always used 440.

BTW listening to loudness,law of devils land  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #133 on: Time Format »

I only have "Devil Soldier".

I keep meaning to check out more Loudness, but since I heard they went grunge in the 90's I kinda pass up on it.

I bet you haven't listened to that dam Raven album yet!!!  :facepalm:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #134 on: Time Format »

Aaah what do you think,i listened to the Raven album and then i got back in time and listenend to Rock unitl you drop,now that was one hell of an album!!!!!

Loudness,grunge ???? Don't think so :crazy:  great band altough there music styles shifted over the years but they never played grunge IMHO.My fav albums are the 4 first ones,The birthday eve,Devil solder,Law of devils land and Dissillusion (it came out in a Japanese and English version).We play a cover of this album with the band (Crazy doctor).
Akira Tagasaki is a great guitar player,so check them out!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45   Go Up