ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dunlop rack wah  (Read 4895 times)

gb

Re: Dunlop rack wah
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

just an update:

So the 044 is a special order but when i went to my local music store (mom and pop style, family business) they had the original hot potz I sitting on the shelf (with dust) so i grabbed it!! replaced it. all good now and sounds soo much better. so id say the old pot was definitely faulty. im not sure if these units are supposed to get a very dominate crying sound like say kirk from metallica. the sweep/taper is quite wide so alot of foot movement but its clear and the 6 different sounds have unique wah ranges. theres definately that 70s wacka wacka sound there but no heavily crying sound. Sounds great though.

thanks for everyone's help/discussion.

ps. on a side note.. one of my mp1's is in fine form.. sounds absolutely amazing through VHT2902 and twin soldano eminence speakers.. what i thought was once a dull factory #1 preset sounds like a hot rodded marshall with just a little boost in bass and reduction in treble and presence.. I was blown away at what the low gain settings were.. that plus the wah . .wholy crap.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Wow what are the odds  ;D Did you put the pot on the same setting when you put it back together?

I really love mine, ideal if you want to keep the audio in the rack.

gb

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Wow what are the odds  ;D Did you put the pot on the same setting when you put it back together?

I know right.  I went to order the 044 from the store and tell them why i wanted to order it and how the 024 hot potz I is no longer available etc.. and he turned around and said 'this one?' Hahaha wiped the dust off it. He said he always had these spare as he was always  repairing wahs back in the day.

Ok so do you mean same setting. I noticed that even though the pot has alot of travel only a certain range had any effect and that range was exactly, +/- 1 tooth, the range of the pedal  so i dont think theres any other way.

I wonder what difference all the other parts have 039 044 etc and ehat a 470k pot would do

Just happy its working
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up