Let's Get Technical > Power Amp Tech

ADA B200S Repair?

(1/9) > >>

bigpoppapump:
Anyone know where to get a ADAB200S power amp repaired? 10 minutes into band rehearsal, the smell of burnt electronics and loud buzzing coming from the cab. :( not happy. My BS200S is in beautiful cosmetic shape. Would like to get it repaired rather than to simply replace the power amp with something else. Plus, this thing sounded great. I want it back!

Sparker:
Hi - where are you based? Is it just the one channel that has gone? Does the other working channel hum as well? Just trying to gather as much info as poss. Let us know. :(

bigpoppapump:
I'm based out of North West Indiana. Both channels are bad. The rig was brought over to band rehearsal and plugged into a marshall 1960a cab. I think someone had changed the Ohm setting on the cab and probably the reason why it fried. We have 2 different bands playing in this spot. At home, I run the ADA split cabs. Less equipment that I have to bring to rehearsal the better. So I tend to run the marshall cab. 

Sparker:
Usual suspects for transistor power amp fails are the output transistors and/or the power supply.

rnolan:
Hey BP, to blow up the B200s from speaker box impedance, on a per channel basis:
2 ohms (not good, probably gonna cook something, probably output power transistors)
4 ohms, best output from B200 ~124w rms per chan)
8 ohms, fine but less rms ~85 ish
16 ohms still fine (go MJMP) but even less rms ~50 ish but better tops/sparkle..
32 ohms, don't know doesn't sound good.
BUT bad/blown speaker(s), well one cooked one side of my first B2000s, can be fixed though, that amp is still doing well with MikeB.
So worth repairing, schematics etc are posted for you/your tech and MJMP ( :bow: ) is very across B200s...
Cheers R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version