ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrogantia guitars  (Read 21821 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: Arrogantia guitars
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Gold is in the air...

On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Some natural light...
Compare the different shades of red of this padouk....changing with light...

On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

Jescar EVO Gold.

On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

@Magnus/SC: the kanji ideogram on the pickguard should represent Force...but...since you live in Japan...can you ask someone there to confirm that?  :thumb-up:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, I think (IIRC) kanji is generally used for foreign words that there isn't a Japanese equivalent for (my daughter studied Japanese for quite a while). But I'm sure SC will know.

Wow the guitar is looking great, interesting clear spring cavity cover  :thumb-up: .  Is there a reason you went with the plastic jack plate ? rather than a gold metal one.  The plastic plates bust over time (as MikeB will attest to, he's recently changed the plate on his LP Classic to a chrome one for that reason).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, I think (IIRC) kanji is generally used for foreign words that there isn't a Japanese equivalent for (my daughter studied Japanese for quite a while). But I'm sure SC will know.

Wow the guitar is looking great, interesting clear spring cavity cover  :thumb-up: .  Is there a reason you went with the plastic jack plate ? rather than a gold metal one.  The plastic plates bust over time (as MikeB will attest to, he's recently changed the plate on his LP Classic to a chrome one for that reason).

Well....I didn't ask Emanuele and he decided for that jack plate since there's a lot of gold on the guitar already and we wanted to avoid it to look tawdry and kitsch.
I've to say I love the cream color over the padouk red with golden screws and jack...and Ema uses high quality parts only, so that jack plate should last for a while.
By the way, I can easily replace it with a gold metal one in 10 seconds later, eventually.  :thumb-up:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

I agree about the colour, it matches the blond line better than gold will, I hope it lasts well, ideally you could paint a metal plate (I only say this coz Mike had his fail recently).

So pic with you playing it with tat in the shot ? coming soon I hope.

Iperfungus

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

I agree about the colour, it matches the blond line better than gold will, I hope it lasts well, ideally you could paint a metal plate (I only say this coz Mike had his fail recently).

So pic with you playing it with tat in the shot ? coming soon I hope.

I will pick the guitar up next week!  :thumb-up:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Fantastic, have lots of fun  :headbanger: :whoohoo!:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

@Magnus/SC: the kanji ideogram on the pickguard should represent Force...but...since you live in Japan...can you ask someone there to confirm that?  :thumb-up:
Hey Max,  just had dinner with my daughter and asked about your scratch plate, the kanji ideogram means force, strength, power and, as with all kanji, is based on the Chinese characters (as opposed to what I previously remembered/thought  :facepalm: i.e. that kanji is for foreign words  :nono: , that's Kara Kara  :thumb-up: , my bad).  This means force in an emotional context, not like the "force" that keeps an electron spinning around an atom (scientific context). So yes it does represent force or strength or power  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

Hey Max,  just had dinner with my daughter and asked about your scratch plate, the kanji ideogram means force, strength, power and, as with all kanji, is based on the Chinese characters (as opposed to what I previously remembered/thought  :facepalm: i.e. that kanji is for foreign words  :nono: , that's Kara Kara  :thumb-up: , my bad).  This means force in an emotional context, not like the "force" that keeps an electron spinning around an atom (scientific context). So yes it does represent force or strength or power  :thumb-up:
Sumimasen, I'm late to the party  :facepalm:
The kanji is read "chikara" (phonetic Japanese: ちから) and has the meaning of strength/power/force. Its composed of "chi" which means "life" or "power" in a different sense and -kara which translates to "from"

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

Well better late than never SC  :wave: , I kept a few colds ones for you (metaphorically, so your choice of drinks) in case you could make it LoL  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon: .

Iperfungus

« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Sumimasen, I'm late to the party  :facepalm:
The kanji is read "chikara" (phonetic Japanese: ちから) and has the meaning of strength/power/force. Its composed of "chi" which means "life" or "power" in a different sense and -kara which translates to "from"

Thanks a lot guys!!!

So this means Force in the Jedi way...  :thumb-up:
"May the Force be with you".

Chi is QI, the same of Tai-qi (taijiquan)...the internal force every human being has in the inside.
Wow.

That confirms my thoughts about that kanji and its meaning is exactly what I wanted to have "printed" on the guitar.
The girl who did my tattoo warned me about being careful with usage of japanese and chinese ideograms, since if you use something being not sure about the exact meaning you risk to offend people. ^^

So I wanted to be sure I'm not telling someone "f*ck off you bastard of a motherfucker" when I show the guitar.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

Guys....the Beast is in da house...  :headbanger:

On the run again!

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive