ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brass Tremolo Blocks  (Read 9662 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Brass Tremolo Blocks
« on: Time Format »

Just got an upgrade Brass Tremolo Block for the EDGE Pro trem in my recent Ibby Prestige today.
I always get mine from Guitarupgrades on ebay and have them on all my guitars. The blocks are awesome quality and craftsmanship and way more affordable than e.g. the overpriced KGC blocks......
The improvement in tone and sustain over the commonly used pot metal blocks is imminent. Mass=sustain and the brass blocks are not only slightly bigger in size but also at least 2 1/2 times the weight.
When played dry, the tone is ways bigger, broader spektrum and way more full-bodied. I already mentioned the improvement in sustain and you can really feel how the guitar resonates. Just let it hang on the strap, pick the b-string and put your middle and index fingers to the lower body where the input jack is....now this construction of wood and metal has really come to life.
When played through an amp, all of the above is "amplified"....fret a note, let it ring and sustain and it dips into harmonic overtones totally effortless.....
This is a 30$ improvement that I can highly recommend to all you double locking trem players!!!!
Some pics:

« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Brass Tremolo Blocks
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

As you know, I have one of these in all my Floyd-equipped guitars. I swear by them, much more sustain, much more umpf.

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the link on this.  I had one in another guitar some time ago, and should add it to one of mine.  I hadn't used one for quite awhile, because I had switch to hard tails for awhile, but now that I have a couple of guitars with floyds in, I find myself missing the oomph.

How are these as far as trem mobility?  The one I had was great, but it did cut down a bit on how much I could dive and pull up with.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No probs with normal up to Yankee Rose like trem use...for anything beyond that I use a Whammy-pedal  ;)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I think that I am going to get one and give it a try, but I might swap out the licenced floyd and put in a real one while I am at it.

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Dude hit up Kim on here, he makes them.  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

because my stagemaster/showmaster guitars have licenced bridges, they don't have the usual square rear side baseplate like that of normal FR bridges, so I had to look for a gotoh to replace one on a guitar.  Then I discovered these guys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-Locking-Tremolo-Recessed-37mm-Brass-Block-Hardend-Steel-Floyd-Rose-/131435095243?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9a2464cb

and they make this trem with the winged plate as opposed to the rectangular one on normal FR or shcaller FRs.  Very good price, would have been cheaper had I not had to pay the silly shipping fee.

I have a few other strats I want custom made blocks for, does your guy make custom ones @Systematic Chaos??

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

this guy makes custom ones in the UK, I have yet to try him, but so far comms with him he has been very friendly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floyd-Rose-Brass-Sustain-Block-32mm-with-stainless-bolts-/111640734792?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Sparker

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the excellent link Gerry, I think I'm going to go for one of these on my RG. I have a 70's SG2000 with a brass block and the thing just doesn't shut up!   :lol:

Mike
ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I used to make them; I haven't made any for ~ 10 years now.  I still have my first ones I made  (from O-1 Tool Steel) in both my Kellys.  I might change them out for some brass ones at some point though just to compare.

If I may add, here's a really cool site to get stuff like this and drool over other things there though:
FU Tone    I have his Brass Tremolo Stoppers in my guitars and they work GREAT.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Kim, that link didn't come back ? Timed out.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

I used to make them; I haven't made any for ~ 10 years now.  I still have my first ones I made  (from O-1 Tool Steel) in both my Kellys.  I might change them out for some brass ones at some point though just to compare.

If I may add, here's a really cool site to get stuff like this and drool over other things there though:
FU Tone    I have his Brass Tremolo Stoppers in my guitars and they work GREAT.

That's where I got mine, I think the guy's name is Adam, he's totally cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up