ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Evening All!  (Read 11061 times)

Neal Saenz

Good Evening All!
« on: Time Format »

Hello all, I'm BC Rich Guy. Been a fan of ADA gear most of my guitar playing life. Fell in love with the Micro-Tube 100 and the MP-1 from day one. Toured with 4 ADA split stacks with an ADA BS200 power head and an MP-2 (pic below). Had more than a few techs and musicians along the road tell me how amazing the tones were through that rig. Glad this board is back up and these guys are here to help me keep my gear working. I can't imagine playing without my MP-2.

RandallRG

Re: Good Evening All!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey BC Rich hows it going? That is a KILLER set-up you had! Funny my B200S will be here on saturday! I actually found a Dude (local) who actually has some split stacks so I am going to try & snag them up & then I will have the whole ADA set-up & be right back in the good ol' 80's M-E-T-A-L days!  Would you happen to remember what speakers were in your splits? Do the Celestion G12S-50's sound familiar? Just wondering how your sound was & what you thought of the speakers? Thanks Dude & take it easy. LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!:metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey BC Rich Guy, very nice rig  :thumb-up: and welcome back!! Same, I can't imagine playing without my MP2, so I bought 2 more as backups. Although my main live MP2 is still going strong after a gazillion gigs. My rig was similar to yours though I have 2 split stacks.
@Steve, I've got 90w 8ohm boogie Celetions in mine (so they'd be 4 ohm boxes to get the most power out of the B200s). My 3rd split stack I have wired stereo for less lugging (it does "flange" a little though). IIRC it has 16 ohm 70w Celetions (12M ??) and I now use a Carvin TS100 tube poweramp. There is a post where MJMP listed the different speakers the various ADA cabs had in them.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Wow what are all those cables going in the side of the top left split stacks???
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

RandallRG

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

@Steve, There is a post where MJMP listed the different speakers the various ADA cabs had in them.
Thanks Rich I will check it out. Appreciate it buddy! \m/

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome!

Nice rig!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot!!!

Nice looking stack in that pic, I love my MP2 very much. I have been using it since 1995. Before that, a couple of MP1s. I also acquired an MP1 classic for my current backup. That thing is really nice, I highly recommend trying them. Very easy to set up patches quickly (like the MP1 was) and it sounds KILLER. The only thing that the MP2 adds is a bit more oversaturated stuff, and the onboard effects of course.

Nice to have you along, don't be a stranger :ada-big: :ada-big:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey BC
Nice rig,i see you even got a matching 19" rack  ::)

@Randall,hey Buddy nice to see back,i was missing you!!

@RN,i don't think i made a topic of ADA cabs,as far as i know they all used the same 50W celestion?Maybe you mixing this up with a topic i made with my different marshall cabs (speakers).

Neal Saenz

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Wow what are all those cables going in the side of the top left split stacks???

Those are my XLR cables. I usually XLR to the main house board from my MP-2 because I don't trust strange di-boxes, cables, etc with my sound. If I absolutely have to mic my amp through some hack-house sound guy then I'd just wrap them around the handle of the speaker cab till after the show when I had time to store them properly.

Do the Celestion G12S-50's sound familiar? Just wondering how your sound was & what you thought of the speakers?

Yes mine had the G12 -50 Celestion 50 watt speakers. I had each cabinet completely reconditioned and afterwards they sounded remarkable. In smaller clubs I could separate them for killer acoustic range for my effects. I wish I still had them.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, I though it was from the posts about the vintage split stacks and what the switch did etc ?? :???: but it was a while ago and I may be mixing it up with what was in your Marshall cabs  :facepalm: . I just checked the specs sheets from the old site, as MJMP says they were 50w Celestion's in split stacks and vintage cabs (I assume 16ohm as the box was 8ohm).  The spare cab I bought here from a pawn shop has 16ohm Celestion 12M70s in it, not sure of it's history or why there was only one cab (they usually travel in pairs LoL).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

The vintage ones had a small switch on the back and if you engaged it it rolled off some off the higer freq.This is a mod you can DIY.Did it with both my split cabs.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

One of these days, the timing will be just right & I'll get a set of split stacks

Neal Saenz

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

I introduced myself and my rig, I forgot to mention my ladies. These would be why I chose the name "BC Rich Guy".  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Wow, amazing guitars  :thumb-up:

El Chiguete

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I had each cabinet completely reconditioned and afterwards they sounded remarkable...

So what was that reconditioning that you did to them?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up