Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BV120  (Read 3716 times)

RobbHell

BV120
« on: Time Format »

Usually don't have many rants but here's one. Blue Voodoo 120 Blue Tolex Gold Lettering. Been collecting  dust for years. Why... because they sound like shit lol. I needs new tubes and a few other things. Im pretty sure it was ran with improper ohm settings on the cab.

So do I retube and repair it and possibly mod it when resell is so incrediblely low.
I've very seen one tube amp lose so much value in my life. Its ridiculious how cheap you can get these for. I just recently saw a BV150H head and cab for $400. The 150H has a some very cool features even for a Crate lol.
It's sad to have such a shitty high gain tube amp laying around lol. They remind me of a souped up jcm 800/900 with way more gain buts its so fizzy and scratchy sounding.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: BV120
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I just got rid of a Blue Doo Doo :poop: last year, traded it in towards my Marshall DSL. I was using mine for running a Line6 HD500 into the effect loop return bypassing the Crate preamp and using the preamp sims on the HD500. Prior to that I removed the Groove Tubes that were in it and replaced them with Mesa Boogie Tubes. It toned down the fizz but made it a bit muddy. A good eq in the fx loop and a good 412 cab with v30's helps. Unfortunately I was never really happy with mine. :(
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up