ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 189318 times)

Darth Infernus

Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Here's my rig...

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Nice!!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Which Intellifex is that?

El Chiguete

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

I think is the ¨Online¨version
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

That's the Intellifex Ltd. (aka Silverface)

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Same as Systematic Chaos, there only a small amount of ADA in there.... it's the ADA GCS-2 on top of the inside left monitor:

Signal flow:  Theta Preamp XLR cab sim out to Peavey Mixer.  Theta Preamp line out 1 to Lexicon MPX-G2, stereo XLR outs to Peavey Mixer.  Theta Preamp line out 2 to ADA GCS-2, XLR out to Mixer.  Lexicon MPX-1 in effect loop of Peavey Mixer.  Smaller monitors are connected to the computer.  Larger monitors are connected to the Peavey Mixer.

Then my "live" rig consists of these:

ISP Impression in the effect loop of the Theta Combo!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

That's the Intellifex Ltd. (aka Silverface)

How do you guys like those? I found one nearby for pretty cheap, not that I need it, just wanna check it out

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

The 8-voice Chorus in the "old" Intellifexes is legendary.......
Other than that, solid Rocktron FX / quality and the vaunted HUSH, very transparent units.
Almost studio quality Chorus, Delay and Reverb....that´s what the Intellifex is about. If you´re looking for some more fancy modulation FX the Replifex might suit better, although it lacks (imho) the above mentioned quality.
You cannot alter the FX order/chains but there are a couple of pre-defined algorithms/chains that suit almost everyone.

You cannot go wrong with an Intellifex imho
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Dante's rig is probably close to what I may end up with.  I have a boss GX700 an I love it.  I love it's distortions as well.

I noticed some frighteningly huge and pro looking rigs on here.  I want to cry  :(

Systematic Chaos, are you a pro musician?  In a touring band? 

So much equipment, made me feel a little amateur  :dunno:

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Dante's rig is probably close to what I may end up with.  I have a boss GX700 an I love it.  I love it's distortions as well.

I noticed some frighteningly huge and pro looking rigs on here.  I want to cry  :(

Systematic Chaos, are you a pro musician?  In a touring band? 

So much equipment, made me feel a little amateur  :dunno:

The GX700 should let you run the MP-1 as integrated preamp (4cable method) with the ability to place the COSM modeled stomps (OD/Dist, Flanger, Phaser,....) in front last the FX chains/order can be individually set up. The Roland GP-100 (which is basically just a beefed up GX700) lets you do that....
I set up a friends rig using just an Engl Savage SE, the Engl switcher and the GP-100 and it works like a charm

I´m far from being a pro musician....all the gear is just the result of a couple of years "tone-chasing", which finally took me (back) to the Triaxis/2:90 rig. Boogie Mark-series Hi-Gain is my sound ;-) and I´ve found my grail tone in that setup.
Keeping all the other stuff is simply gear-nerdy lessons learned. In the past whenever I sold something I missed it the instant it was out the door.

My present practice/home rig is totally small, easy and straightforward (see attached pic):
- iPad
- Postive Grid Bias and JamUp Pro XT
- Roland UA-22 Duo Capture EX
- Peak Midi Board 
....Plug'n'Play  8)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

The GX700 should let you run the MP-1 as integrated preamp (4cable method) with the ability to place the COSM modeled stomps (OD/Dist, Flanger, Phaser,....) in front last the FX chains/order can be individually set up. The Roland GP-100 (which is basically just a beefed up GX700) lets you do that....
I set up a friends rig using just an Engl Savage SE, the Engl switcher and the GP-100 and it works like a charm

I´m far from being a pro musician....all the gear is just the result of a couple of years "tone-chasing", which finally took me (back) to the Triaxis/2:90 rig. Boogie Mark-series Hi-Gain is my sound ;-) and I´ve found my grail tone in that setup.
Keeping all the other stuff is simply gear-nerdy lessons learned. In the past whenever I sold something I missed it the instant it was out the door.

My present practice/home rig is totally small, easy and straightforward (see attached pic):
- iPad
- Postive Grid Bias and JamUp Pro XT
- Roland UA-22 Duo Capture EX
- Peak Midi Board 
....Plug'n'Play  8)

Jesus why so much gear then?  Do you ever get to use it.  Surely it's 1000's of Euro's worth?

Yeah I'm pretty well versed in the set up of the GT series and GX700 which is basically the Boss Rack version of the GT5.  I have dedicated a lot of time to those units and I own two of each from GT5 to GT8.

I have been integrating the MP1 with the GT5 at the mo and using it's cab sim and basic effects.  I think it sounds pretty good.

If I can end up with MP1 GX700 and a power amp I'd be happy.  I need something easy enough to get on planes/boats for gigs abroad.  That is why Crate Powerblock amps are awesome, their size is genius.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Have you tried the creates with the MP1 yet ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Jesus why so much gear then?  Do you ever get to use it.  Surely it's 1000's of Euro's worth?

I keep the stuff I like and sell the stuff I don´t like ;-) Sound-/Tone-wise I like the Boogie Triaxis/2:90 combo with the MPX-G2 the most (at the moment).
But since I´m only at home at the weekends the iPad-rig comes in handy for practicing or an ad-hoc gig

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Have you tried the creates with the MP1 yet ?

Yeah I tried on Saturday past.  I think I mentioned the results elsewhere, um in the tubes discussion post I think  :???:

I felt it was fine.  I had to adjust the presence as it was a little fizzy.  I ran MP1 into the FX loop of my Boss GT6.  It sounded ok but nowhere near the amount of gain I needed.  It sounded Marshall esque to me.  That day I think I had the EHX in the first slot and a JJ in the second slot. I was getting more 70's heavy metal tones.

I have ended up with the chinese tubes back in there again as they were with out a doubt better sounding (and feeling).  I little more gain although I definitley am going to go for a higher gain mod at some point, which one I choose I haven't decided upon. Could be 3TM or MOD4 MKII or SS MOD.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

Have you tried MP1 > Create, GT6 in MP1 loop ? use GT6 just for effects.  IIRC you said GT6 is digital so you like GT5 as is analogue, so use GT5 instead again just for effects
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up