ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screaming from ADA  (Read 10513 times)

Dna^Yay

Re: Screaming from ADA
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Really appreciate all the help guys.

Now all is left is to purchase some mods and get some new components from Mouser and start modding away.

MJMP, have you had any experience with changing the chorus opamp in the MP1? it currently is MN3007.
Also what effect would it have if i started changing some of the TOSHIBA chips around? Would updating all of these chips result in a better sound and less noise?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

The MN3007 is not an opamp it's a BBD chip.As far as i know there are no replacements for these.

If you want to lower the noise you need to do more then just opamps.

Dna^Yay

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Ok my bad, just thought as it seems like it can be pulled right out if there was a replacement for it, such as another bbd of another chorus unit or pedal.

What else would I need to do apart from replacing the opamps? Any other components I could change along side the noise mod and tranny mod that would make it quieter and generally a fresher unit with new parts.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

I did experiment with replacing all the opamps with high grade types like opa2604 but for some reason it sounded too clean,too polished.So only U4 stayed a OPA2604 and rest was set back to the original types.

The MN3007 is pretty standard in all chorus pedals.

Doing the noise and tranny mod will get you a long away.An original tubeboard can be modded further to lower the noise even more.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up