Non ADA Gear > Basses

New Bass Day

<< < (2/3) > >>

kawai2g4b:
Extremely nice! I'll bet this this will sound killer, I'm a big fan of ash bodied basses it that is what it is.  Aren't those nordstrands? (Yes I am too lazy to look that up). How  is  your mb-1 doing by the way?

BrokeDownSouth:

--- Quote from: kawai2g4b on June 28, 2014, 11:14:23 PM ---Extremely nice! I'll bet this this will sound killer, I'm a big fan of ash bodied basses it that is what it is.  Aren't those nordstrands? (Yes I am too lazy to look that up). How  is  your mb-1 doing by the way?

--- End quote ---

Yeah those are Nordstrand Fat Stacks and Nordy Preamp.  I've got the bass together now and have used it for a couple of rehearsals.  I'm waiting on a concentric stacked knob to come in before I post the final pics.  The bass sounds great and plays ok - haven't done any kind of setup yet.  The 24 'fret' extended fingerboard covers up the truss rod access so I have to take the neck off to do any adjustment.  I'm going to let it 'play in' for a couple of weeks then pop the neck off and flatten the neck out a little.

rnolan:
That's a bitch, I've never been fond of truss rod adjustment at the body end, always a pain  :facepalm:

BrokeDownSouth:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 30, 2014, 08:42:29 AM ---That's a bitch, I've never been fond of truss rod adjustment at the body end, always a pain  :facepalm:

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't care which end its on as long as its acessible; in this case its not.  Hopefully it'll be like my Warwick and never need adjusting once its set.  I have a tele with a bloodwood neck that never needs tweeking so maybe it's a real stable wood.

BrokeDownSouth:
Finished

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version