ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I bought a Digitech TSR-24....................  (Read 8285 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Sorry I have no pictures as of yet, but I will tomorrow hopefully!  Trying to do too many things at once right now hahaha  have a new scratchplate coming in the post and it's taken a bit of work to get the guy to cut it just right to fit my strat.  Long story!  But between this and work and having no motivation thanks to lock down  :facepalm: :lol: I aint been able to get the unit unracked and photographed!  But I will.

@Sparker, you think you can get a kit together?  It would be awesome for you to do so.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Sparker

Yeah, I should think so. I've found a couple of suitable Eproms, so need get out my old programmer and copy the images in. I should have a 20MHz xtal somewhere as well. Will keep you posted.   :thumb-up:

Cheers
ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Yeah, I should think so. I've found a couple of suitable Eproms, so need get out my old programmer and copy the images in. I should have a 20MHz xtal somewhere as well. Will keep you posted.   :thumb-up:

Cheers
Un-racking this evening for those photos!  Just a pain in the ass sometime to do it  :lol:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

finally

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

So that German guy who wont sell me the upgrade stuff I decided to contact him again right..........and here is why!

So I managed to bag the manual for the TSR-24.  The manual for this is nowhere to be found in internet land and you can only get the TSR-24s manual.  So I manged to get it (it the most obvious place you would expect to find it btw) and I figured I'd contact our unhelpful German friend.

So I offered to send him the manual as he has a little plea for "if you have the TSR-24 manual please send me a copy" on his website and I did so so I could ask him in exchange the exact details of the 20mhz modification for the standard TSR-24.

His response:

"HI!
I'm sorry, I can't provid information to that topic.
Best regards
"

I left his name off there as I'm nice.

Ok so what a f**king prick this guy is!  He would not even share the information about this mod, which he was UNWILLING to sell me for some stupid made up reason that aren't true since I can buy firmware chips from other Germans and after sharing something with him he would not even tell me the details of the 20mhz mod.  I am this close (....) from sending an abusive email!  :hair-out:

What an absolute prick!

Ok so we've already beat this guy once by getting the firmware which we can now burn and make roms from thank very much Sparker and thankyou very much MJMP.

So we must get the 20mhz mod done just to f*ck this guy off.  Never have I experienced such petty behaviour from someone dealing with gear online, so pathetic.  He wont sell it to me, and is also keeping the information from me so only he knows and no one else, and according to this guy he can't sell the parts to anyone in Germany so he's clearly a prick.  I did reply eventually but it was subtle.  Boy I wanted to unleash hell on that guy  >:(
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey RG, Wow, how weird. So you should have offered him the manual in exchange (hind sight).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Hey RG, Wow, how weird. So you should have offered him the manual in exchange (hind sight).
Yes basically I was using the rare hard to find manual (if you search internet you will not find out unless this asshole has uploaded it somewhere for others now).  Anyways I did it as a gesture, so he might be willing to share information with me.  I basically replied with one line saying "no you can tell me the information you just wont because you are petty".  Believe me that was restrained!

I truly do not know what the issue is.  Here is a guy I was willing to give cash to, presumably he has some sort of gear tech business, so a sale is a sale right?  He not only shuts down any notion of selling to me but basically said he wouldn't sell to anyone in Germany either as I said to him I have people there who would gladly order the parts from him since he claims he cannot sell to me (said it was new EU laws etc).  So you would think now he can't sell the parts to me he could at least tell me what I need to do in order to carry out the mods myself using the help of MJMP and Sparker.

One thing is for sure, I can upgrade the firmware to the newer version which allows for the other mods to work.

The whole thing is bizarre.  :crazy:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I hear you my friend, what a flog this guy is being  :facepalm: :dunno: .  I suspect if you upgrade the firmware and put in the faster crystal it would probably work.  What else would you need to do except maybe change the clock speed in a config somewhere.
It's completely bizarre...

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

I hear you my friend, what a flog this guy is being  :facepalm: :dunno: .  I suspect if you upgrade the firmware and put in the faster crystal it would probably work.  What else would you need to do except maybe change the clock speed in a config somewhere.
It's completely bizarre...
  See it could just be that but I'm just going on what Sparker mentioned previous that perhaps a resistor or two might need changing.  I don't know enough to speculate at all so this is the only reason for hesitation.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Having gone through everything discussed here again and looking at the pictures Sparker sent and my own, it looks as though the 20mhz mod is perhaps simple enough.  The crystal gets swapped, and then lets say the caps in front of it get changed to a different value.  I guess working out the value is the hard part.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I don't know enough about how CPU clock circuits work but my feeling is that it's just the crystal, can't see why anything else needs to change.  E.g. if you want to overclock your computer CPU (as gamers often do) it's just a BIOS change (entry) but then they work with the same clock and use multipliers to achieve the final speed, but no components get touched.  Maybe MJMP can throw some light on it?  Do you have the circuit diagram for it?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up