ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha THRC 112 speaker cabinets  (Read 1795 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Yamaha THRC 112 speaker cabinets
« on: Time Format »

My history of 1x12 cabs; I made two of them back in the 90s to go with my rack rig. They were light, sounded good, but were a bit large, so I bought some Thiele cabs and sold my home made ones around 2010. The Thieles sound great, and are small, but they are HEAVY (45 lbs). Pretty sure the giant magnets on the EVs are partially to blame for that. I sold one of the Thieles and have been using the other one for about the last 10 years.

Now, I want matching two matching 1x12s and I don't want to break my back carrying them. Enter; the Yamaha THRC112 cabs. At only 28 lbs each (12.7 kg), I can carry them just fine. They are lighter than my rack. They have a cool 50s retro look to them and the rounded corners go well with my SKB rack. The tan grillcloth looks nice with my tweed Peavey head too. I can carry one little speaker with the Peavey for small gigs, which is really a tidy setup.

How do they sound? Fantastic. Very tight little cabs, with an Eminence Legend 1218 in each one (the 2x12 pairs one with a Tonker). I thought they were breaking up a bit with my clean tone, but it was my compressor. I dialed it back and got crystal clear tone. Very nice. Played last night with one on each side of the living room. Sounded YUGE.

Here's a pic of the 'full stack'

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Yamaha THRC 112 speaker cabinets
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, very nice  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up