ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound on select preset channels and weird output level knob behavior  (Read 3035 times)

Andrew Smith

ADA MP1 doing some weird things
Played an MP1s for years in my rack rig but not done much repair as the only thing I've ever blow is a fuse. Just received my second MP1 (v1.38) and it has a few weird problems. So far 2 that stand out.

1)   On certain preset channels, the output is non-existent. It seems a bit weird because channels 1 and 2 I get no sound, but 3-4 I get sound, then 5 and 6 no sound, and on it goes in pairs. It doesn’t matter what voicing I put the channel on, I get nothing. (tested using the headphone out and the Out A and B using my Torpedo direct box)

2)   The output is very low coming out of Out A and B until the output Level knob on the front is up near 4 o’clock where it suddenly springs to life for some reason… happens on all the channels with a signal.

Kind of weird. I’ve never had a problem like this with an MP1 before aside from replacing the battery or a tube. The input jack works fine I can get all the peak lights to light with the settings you would expect to peak each section of the pre.

Any suggestions would be really helpful :)
Current Rig

Line 6 Relay G90 rack=>ADA Mp1 (1.38)=>Echoplex (in FX loop of MP1)=>Peavey 60/60 Power Amp=>original Celestion Greenbacks 25w

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

When you change voicing the master volume is set to zero, did you check the master volume (not the front vol knob!!)

2 could either a bad pot or a bad cap.

Andrew Smith

Aha well you've solved the mystery of the beginning channels, so thanks... masters were on 0  :facepalm:

seems channels 70-110 and 112-115 are still being weird, but I only need a couple of banks so all Good :D

As to the Output Level pot. I think it might be dodgy because the unit now only operates when it is full up.

I'll open it up on the weekend and take a look

Current Rig

Line 6 Relay G90 rack=>ADA Mp1 (1.38)=>Echoplex (in FX loop of MP1)=>Peavey 60/60 Power Amp=>original Celestion Greenbacks 25w
Pages: [1]   Go Up