ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rocktron-Intellipitch-Harmonizer - Has anyone heard or know anything about this  (Read 10905 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

@ Richard, I never used it without the loop!  Is there much difference?

Ok tried to Rocktron-Intellipitch,  I have been very busy so only got round to it today!!  :facepalm:

Uh not blown away by it's sound at all.  The pitch shift sounds are not as good as the IPS33.  They are ok, but to me not mind blowing.  When I first used the IPS33 I remember thinking "wow".  When I used the Intellipitch I was like "this is a bit underwhelming".  Perhaps it's the preset's I tried just suck?  I dunno?  But yeah I'll hang onto both may be for the hell of it and see if I can get anything good from the Intellipitch.  Good unit but didn't blow my balls off.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey RG, initially I used the IPS33 dist loop as it made sense.  I ran like that for quite a while.  Then I got over having to plug the guitar into the back of the rack (as I didn't run anything in front of the MP1). I ran the IPS33 input off send 3 of my desk so I tried it direct to the input rather than the dist loop return and it worked just as well without stuffing around and meant I could plug the guitar direct into the MP1 (later MP2) in front.  Also I sent both ADA channels to send 3 ie IPS33 in (send 1 & 2 are L/R to Quadverb), IPS33 1 & 2 outs to 2 channels, also sent to Quadverb.  I didn't notice any tracking degradation not using the dist loop so stayed like that.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Update on the Intellipitch, perhaps I was a little tooooooooooooooooo quick to write this thing off!

Ok it's awesome.  And i'm sorry to say it is better than the IPS33.

I have to say this though, the IPS33 is better than the 33B which has a lot more processing power and better features and controls.  However the IPS33B cannot track for shit!  The only time it can track distorted guitar is when it is in "chord" tracking mode.  But guess what?  Chord tracking mode is not available with all harmonist modes, so it's available in Chromatic, but not Scalic!!!!!!!  WTF!!

I don't give a  :poop: what I have read, the IPS33B is not better than the IPS33, not if it can't track properly.  It can in chromatic, but in scalic even with "distortion" tracking setting on it falls down badly.  It can't just about handle anything played on the unwound e b and g strings but as soon as you go lower on the bass strings it warbles like a sonic turd!

The Intellipitch....................flawless tracking!!!!  Raises pitch with bends no problem, sounds great, plays along with you as fast as you play.  Great unit.  I'll be hanging onto it.

I have to also say the Boss SX700 has a harmonizer on it also.  It sounds nearly as good, obviously less advanced, not sure it does scales, and just has chromatic, but it tracks as good ad the Rocktron.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

Update on the Intellipitch, perhaps I was a little tooooooooooooooooo quick to write this thing off!

Ok it's awesome.  And i'm sorry to say it is better than the IPS33.
(...)
The Intellipitch....................flawless tracking!!!!  Raises pitch with bends no problem, sounds great, plays along with you as fast as you play.  Great unit.  I'll be hanging onto it.
(...)

:thumb-up: 8) 8) 8)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

You were right man  :thumb-up:

Still like the IPS33, not sure if I'll sell it,  it has more scales than the Intellipitch, and you can create your own scales also.

Cannot believe the 33B though is the one people brag about!  Utter shit.  Selling on ebay.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator

If you stumble over a DHP55, snag it!!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

For guitar?  Isn't that for vocals only?

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Nope, the DHP33 and DHP55 are for guitar
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f30/thoughts-digitech-dhp-33-dhp-55-a-21443.html#/topics/21443

Hmmmm weird I thought they were "general purpose" harmony machines.  I would not want to buy one and suffer from shit tracking.  Weird Satriana and The Edge and others all liked the IPS33B.

Wonder why they changed the name of the range, I DHP were the follow ons from the IPS.  Read the 55 is better than the 33.  Since I already got the Intellipitch, why should I be looking out for the DHP33 or DHP55?  Are you trying to increase my gas?

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f30/thoughts-digitech-dhp-33-dhp-55-a-21443.html#/topics/21443
I use the DHP33 for bass  :thumb-up:
It has tracking settings for Bass, guitar and distorted guitar. 8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

I use the DHP33 for bass  :thumb-up:
It has tracking settings for Bass, guitar and distorted guitar. 8)
So does the IPS33B but it sucks ass.  Peter, when you get a chance try it with distorted guitar and see what you think?  The 33b can only track the treble strings and as soon as notes get lower it shits itself, unless it's on the "chord" tracking setting which is only available in certain modes and not scale.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic

So does the IPS33B but it sucks ass.  Peter, when you get a chance try it with distorted guitar and see what you think?  The 33b can only track the treble strings and as soon as notes get lower it shits itself, unless it's on the "chord" tracking setting which is only available in certain modes and not scale.
I have no problems with the tracking on the bass setting, even when using one of my most grindy bass sounds
only below the low G it sometimes misses a note.
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up