ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from a new old guy  (Read 3006 times)

StillClimbing

Hello from a new old guy
« on: Time Format »

First off.... joined & donated! I have always wanted to join a cult, but in all the others it seems the head guy gets all the action and everyone else is just a peon. Not so here in the temple of ADA! And until you are rock enough to put LEDs in your shoes and go on stage... forget about deposing Dante as the imperious leader!

Big thanks to Dante, MJMP & everyone else who contributes here. It's the reason I just bought my first MP1. Yeah, I know... a bit late to the party.

So my history with the MP1 goes back 25 years. My band in college used to play out with this other band.... we were scrubs and they were pros relatively speaking. Our gear was junk but both of their guitar players had MP 1 rigs. I about peed myself when they invited us just to plug into their rig. Couldn't tell you anything beyond it was a MP1 and they were using Marshall 4x12. Rhythm rock was 108 and my lead patch was 103 (105 was some sort of phaser patch as I kicked it on accidentally, still remember that all these years later). Damn.... I found out what rock was that night. Still one such highlight of my life.

Well, after several shows with them, my band broke up and the fabled MP1 was the last amp I ever used live with my band. I kept playing for years after that. I considered it a sport to go see a band and get up on stage with them for a song or 2. But I haven't played at all for the last 10 years..... now I am coming out of retirement, and nothing better to shake things up than GAS! So I bought a mod 2 mk 4 from a mp1 guy in NY and here I am.
Guitars: Peavey Vandenberg, Gibson Les Paul Studio
amps: Mesa 20/20, MP1 (Mk 2 Mod4), Crate Blue Voodoo 120, Synergy Syn 2 with Hilligan Scorch & Via Sig modules
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex LTD, many pedals
4x12 with real V30s

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Hello from a new old guy
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot!!

and, thanks for the props

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi and welcome!

I guess you bought a mod4 mk2  ::)

StillClimbing

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Dante, those shoes are soooo rock!

Why yes MJMP, I did get a mod 2 mk 4 (I think). I'll email you pics of the guts so you can tell me what I have going on.
« Last Edit: Time Format by StillClimbing »
Guitars: Peavey Vandenberg, Gibson Les Paul Studio
amps: Mesa 20/20, MP1 (Mk 2 Mod4), Crate Blue Voodoo 120, Synergy Syn 2 with Hilligan Scorch & Via Sig modules
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex LTD, many pedals
4x12 with real V30s

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

ok show me some pics, we all like gear pics  ;D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the depot, I think MJMP is saying you have your mod and mk the wrong way around  :facepalm: as in I don't recall a mod 2  :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the depot, I think MJMP is saying you have your mod and mk the wrong way around  :facepalm: as in I don't recall a mod 2  :dunno:

Yep taht's what I mean  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up