ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the deal................  (Read 2926 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
What's the deal................
« on: Time Format »

Very interesting video that some of you may find informative or just pure blasphemy.

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: What's the deal................
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Interesting

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well I thought so Dante.  It was nice to know some are actually identical clones of some very collectable expensive pedals.  Also that  bit at the start about the operation and music group family was really interesting.  And other  boutique brand s are buying parts from behringer.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

There's at least a pair of those Behringer stomps that are coveted in some of the circles I run with:  the Fuzz one and the one that replicates the Boss HM-2. The peeps I know that use them absolutely love that they are crazy inexpensive compared to the original and are very accurate clones but hate that they are housed in cheap plastic boxes.
EHX (Electro-Harmonix) just recently won a lawsuit against Behringer for copying one of their pedals, so that itself should give an idea how good the Behringer copys really are.  :)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well, I'd be interested in hearing any info you have on that law suit Kim.

I think Behringers game was to go after a lot of things that patent has expired and that was their way around a lot of copying. 

The main point is some of the copies appear to be great.

I can vouch for the odd pedal I have owned over the years (never broke on me, then I look after stuff really well), mixers which I still own and also a cable tester which I recently have seen I think ebtech has copied from Behringer!!!!!  I've had my cable about 15 years so I dunno when ebtechs came out.

Things I am curious about are the Vintage Tube Monster Overdrive.  Simple because it's apparently a copy of the old Ibanez Tube King tk999 and I am interested in that pedal and other versions of namely the Maxon Rod 881 which seems to be more in my ball park but not price range.  I wonder how the Behringer stacks up??

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Behringer gets a bad rap, but they really do some things well.

They are hard to beat for the price in a lot of things.  And even on the ones that are not perfect, you have to think $30 vs $300...

Probably their biggest issue with reputation is durability.  And yeah, cost has to get cut somewhere.  Although, I am still using my same Behringer Truth 2031a monitors some decades later.  Nope, not the best.  But, at the time, there were no real good alternatives out there in that price range. 

And, at the same time, I was playing in a gigging band, and we needed a mixer.  The Behringer was super cheap compared to the equivalent mackie.  It was some 16 channel model with built in effects, and about 1/4 the price of the best alternative.  But, it did have a drawback.  The way Behringer designed and produced the mixer, if 1 channel went out, you'd lose 4 channels.  Which, for my band and I at the time, we could live with, I think we were only using 8 channels so....

At their prices, you can have a backup.  Luckily though, I never had to change out something during a gig due to it though.  No fun, even with a backup. :)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

They do indeed.  Some people just hate them for the Chinese connection.  But as we see from the video, it's their own facility and seems to be one hell of an operation.

That's a shame about your mixer, I've has a 1222fx for over ten years and not an issue.  I do as mentioned earlier, look after stuff really well though.  Perhaps it wouldn't survive on the road I dunno.  But then I didn't buy it for that, I bought it to sit in one spot and mix  :)

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Well, I'd be interested in hearing any info you have on that law suit Kim.

I was mistaken; it was against Mooer. 
https://www.musicradar.com/news/electro-harmonix-wins-copyright-infringement-case-against-mooer

Other Search blurbs indicate that Boss had sued Behringer in the past.

I have no complaints that I can recall about any Behringer things I've used or owned.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I was keen on knowing actually because according to that video that behringer vintage time machine is a copy.

Not surprised on some lawsuits, but dammit if I can get some value for £££ $$$$ then hell I'm buying it.  This is why all my main guitar gear is second hand.  I wasn't buying preamps new back in 1987 or '91 hahaha

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Pretty interesting stuff there. My only experience with Behringer was some rack mounted stuff which was complete garbage. After that I never even gave their stompboxes a second look. Hmmmm?
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Pretty interesting stuff there. My only experience with Behringer was some rack mounted stuff which was complete garbage. After that I never even gave their stompboxes a second look. Hmmmm?

It's like they say, at those prices you almost HAVE to pick a few out just to try them. 

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

I do also, a compressor (can't remember the model) and a noise gate (mx4400).  The gate I have yet to use, so I hope it works out.  The compressor is fine, does what a compressor does and has some nice features.

I also have a head phone amp with multiple channels, really useful and really cheap.

If I used more stomp boxes I would for sure be trying the heavy metal pedal and the ultra metal.

This video has some good sound (and some not so good) from the ultra

Pages: [1]   Go Up