ADA Preamps > MB-1

Few MB-1 presets loss

(1/2) > >>

Javier Pabon:
 Recently I've changed tubes and 3v battery to my MB-1 and for some reason there are some preset sounds that doesn't sound at all. Does anyone knows the reason why?

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: Javier Pabon on September 27, 2014, 04:25:39 PM --- Recently I've changed tubes and 3v battery to my MB-1 and for some reason there are some preset sounds that doesn't sound at all. Does anyone knows the reason why?

--- End quote ---

2 possible answers:
Problem1 - You're missing the (user)presets due to the battery change.
Answer - You will have to reprogramm those if you didn't do a mididump before you removed teh battery

Problem2 -    The presets without SS (so using only the tube channel) don't sound.
Answer - One (or both) of the tubes is faulty, not seated well in the socket, or of the wrong type (12AX7-ECC83 are the correct ones to use, but others in the 12A$7 range will work also (tube overload-light behaviour will alter though)).

Peter

Javier Pabon:
You where right Peter. The presets using only tubes don't sound. Put back the old ones and all the presets are working. The new tubes that doesn't work are Mullard 12Ax7 ECC-83. Does this means they are faulty? Do you recomend any other brand? I bought the MB-1 in 1993 and playing almost every weekend. As you can see I'm pretty sure that new tubes will make a difference in my sound.Thank's
                      Javier

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: Javier Pabon on September 28, 2014, 02:09:52 PM ---Does this means they are faulty?

--- End quote ---
Either faulty or seated wrong (less likely as your old ones are obviously seated correct).
Try each new one separately with 1 of your old ones to see if both are faulty, or only 1.

--- Quote from: Javier Pabon on September 28, 2014, 02:09:52 PM ---Do you recomend any other brand?

--- End quote ---
I'm currently using high mu JJ tubes in my live MB1
Have used ruby tubes also.

Studio MB1 now has NOS Philips.

--- Quote from: Javier Pabon on September 28, 2014, 02:09:52 PM ---I bought the MB-1 in 1993 and playing almost every weekend. As you can see I'm pretty sure that new tubes will make a difference in my sound.Thank's

--- End quote ---
New tubes will help  8)

Javier Pabon:
ThanK's Peter. Took the Mullard tubes back to the store. They tested them and apparently they're fine. Anyway I bought two JJ's and my MB-1 is working great. Huge difference. Thank's again;

Javier 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version