ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106391 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Oh, most definitely!  In truth, they're all mutt guitars built from the parts of non-Gibsons  :-[  It's much easier to SAY they're Gibsons rather then explain everything  :dunno: My dad's retired and into luthiering, so he builds all kinds of guitars as a hobby - lucky me!
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: enjoy and post pics  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

GUYS!!! IT'S HERE!!!

can someone kindly advise me the best rack screws to prevent rashes and crap.

ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

Checked it out and this thing sounds awesome, but so does the pricetag  :amaze:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

He Chamai, very cool  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: , with the screws you'll need to use whatever your rack needs (proprietary eg SKB or just standard rack cage nuts and bolts ??) But if you can, get the thicker plastic/nylon ?? washers (whitish ones) that fit.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Very nice Chamai! I have been eyeing that chorus for a while now. Just can't get past the price tag on it.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai,

Nice chorus! I haven't looked at the price tag, but since it's Fulltone, I know it isn't cheap. I use my S-1000's for my chorus, and it's definitely 80's!

Here you go for rack screws, these should do it for you.
https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Cases-GRW-SCRW025-Rack-Screws/dp/B00YHPFG9O/ref=pd_sim_267_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00YHPFG9O&pd_rd_r=8FNWYV9FPGWPAFJ1BGMD&pd_rd_w=vaETZ&pd_rd_wg=qHfYW&psc=1&refRID=8FNWYV9FPGWPAFJ1BGMD
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Chamai

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

most money ive ever spent on a single effect. didn't have a chance to set it up yet. trying to find a time to blend it with my other gear so my wife won't find out. my plan is to tell her that i am taking a few fx units out of the storage locker to experiment a bit.

i don't have my rocktron 1x12 cabs with me so i can only do a wet/dry setup for now.

i was doing some research on screws. anyone have experience with middle atlantic shoulder washers? their screws seem pretty high quality too. seems like these won't allow the any metal contact between the screws and gear. so no rack rash.

i don't think i will be able to get anymore gear in awhile. but for the right pieces, i may even trade my dual rec and cab for them. need to get a bigger rack. here is my plan

power conditioner (upgrading to a furman with a voltage regulator)
korg pitch black tuner
Reverb- Lexicon PCM 81
Delay 1/ pitch shifter- eventide eclipse (next next purchase) using G Major for now
Delay 2 - TC 2290 for the right price or 2x PCM 41
Chorus- Fulltone TERC
ADA MP1  to 84' JCM800
ADA MP1  to VOX AC30
or
JCM 800 for dirt
VOX AC30 for cleans (last thing on my list)
EL34 bass for slaving to switch between both amps
Mosvalve power amp for wet cabs. (may replace with a HH power amp)
a bunch Custom audio stuff so i can change patches and amps.
CAE line mixer (next to buy)
Parametric rack eq
some kind of compressor or distressor
maybe some matching marshall cabs. hate my orange cab. it looks stupid
i still have a long way to go

prob take me a few years to complete this. but so far i am making progress. just not making enough money.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, pretty interesting wish list and good plan  :thumb-up: , may be a bit hard to sneak all that gear past you wife though LoL

vansinn

« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

Well, I didn't deal with it at all; I just spend based on cravings, though eying mostly used or demo gear, thus keeping expenses at bay to some degree.

Had I done a more careful financial planning calendar, no doubt I would've bought less.
And seriously, two fewer guitars and a capo would've saved saved good money ;)
As would 3-4 fewer processors..

Man, I should've had a girlfriend: Less gear and more BJ's! :facepalm: :lol:
Oh well.. that would likely have required even more expensive rings and stuff, so.. :dunno:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

There's alot on your list I want too, like a PCM81 and a TC2290. >:D

Chamai

« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, pretty interesting wish list and good plan  :thumb-up: , may be a bit hard to sneak all that gear past you wife though LoL

thank you sir

the chorus is the most important piece. i will be more honest with her for my future purchases. shitty part is lots of good pieces are coming up on craigslist. mesa strategy 400, eventide h3000 just came up. but i think the display is a little messed up.

honestly, i am not picky about delays and pitch shifters. i can live with my g major. since im building my final rack, i might as well buy the best and i want something really similar to what people used in the 80's. that low sample rate on those pcm 41 sound really good. modern fx's are power. but too clean and realistic sounding imo. it kinda lacks character.

since i sometimes use my jcm 800 instead of my MP1, im building a secondary rack just for the OD and boost pedals. instead of the vox, i may go for a bassman
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Well, I didn't deal with it at all; I just spend based on cravings, though eying mostly used or demo gear, thus keeping expenses at bay to some degree.

Had I done a more careful financial planning calendar, no doubt I would've bought less.
And seriously, two fewer guitars and a capo would've saved saved good money ;)
As would 3-4 fewer processors..

Man, I should've had a girlfriend: Less gear and more BJ's! :facepalm: :lol:
Oh well.. that would likely have required even more expensive rings and stuff, so.. :dunno:

i made a few mistakes in the past buying useless shit.

when i first got into guitar. i bought a small JCM 900 DR combo. few days later i found a MKIII 2x12. i didn't know shit back then so i took the DR instead. took me another 2 years to find another MKIII. i thought it sounded ok. then i wanted a better guitar. so i bought a american tele. i got some decent tones.
wanted more gain, so i bought an eq pedal and then a mxr chorus.

at that point. i started to get hooked on buying gear. got a 4x10 marshall cab. sounded good for the first day but it was too dark sounding. bought myself a 2x12 mesa cab. got some great tones and i knew i had to get an attenuator.

realized my tone was too modern. so i googled " hair metal amps" and the MP1 and JCM 800 popped up.
typed in ADA MP1 on craigslist, and found one for 250 bucks. bought it and sounded like shit coz i had no idea how to set it up. 3 weeks later, bought a spare mp1 and a digitech dps 21 pro and a mosvalve. i thought i was in hair metal heaven for few days. and after plugging my jcm 900 dr again, my mp1 sounded weak, so i ditched the mp1 for a bit.

traded my 4x10 cab and added 175 for a jcm 2000. i thought it was a cool amp for a bit. turns out i hate it. picked up a vintage modern while i was on vacation for 650 bucks. sounded good for a few days and it sucked again. some dude offered me a mesa dual rec for my vintage modern straight trade. i said sure. ripped himself off big time. some how local store blowing out new 2x12 orange cabs half price so i bought one. great cab.

i had no use for a dual rec. so gas came in and i bought a mesa stiletto 2x12 for 900 bucks. realized how much i loved el 34's and hated everything else. it was cool for a while, but it was too icepicky and modern sounding still.

someone wanted my jcm2000 for his mkiii. f*ck yea and swapped the speakers from the mkiii to my orange cab. g12t75 rock

traded my jcm900 for a sick keyboard. i am keys player. 26 years of playing.

found a jcm 800 1 watt at a store. bought it. thought it was pretty sweet. 10 days later walked in again. some dude trading in a mint 84 jcm 800. i asked the store if i could return the 1 watter and take the jcm 800 100 watter. they said sure. i was low on cash so i got rid of my stiletto.

now i got the 800. and mp1. together this setup rocks. tried different boost pedals. bought a few to boost my jcm.

oh f*ck, no fx loop on jcm. lets go w.d.w

holy shit, its great. decide to all out and bought a pcm 81 just for reverbs.

now the terc

this is my life story.

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

There's alot on your list I want too, like a PCM81 and a TC2290. >:D

seriously my friend, the pcm 81 is insane. i read the instruction manual and i have no idea wtf they were talking about. i am still using stock presets. the reverbs are to die for.
with all the fx's i am running. it makes the guitar sounded too refined sometimes. sounds like it's coming from a CD recording. so for live use, it may get lost in the mix.

really want a tc2290 but its jsut too damn expensive.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

it's coming along. hopefully wife won't notice.

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Up