ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 - MDRT Upgrade + plus big noise Mod  (Read 78186 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MP1 - MDRT Upgrade + plus big noise Mod
« Reply #150 on: Time Format »

We always carried a lot of stuff around,lot's of marshall stacks and big drum kits.You will be amazed if you put a lot of gear on stage how many people just come to see you because of the gear on stage.It's a real attraction on it's own. :metal:

I set my stuff pretty loud on stage,our drummer likes that,he wants to HEAR us out of the amps.

No i don't pay him,he's a friend and he just likes to do this.

Why so big,mmm well in 80's when you went to see all those metal bands,there were walls of marshalls and I think it went into my mind thinking one day i will also have this!!!  :lol:
And this is half i own,got a lot more gear then this.It's just the result of years of collecting.I have a list somewhere if you want it.

Yep i had a MP-2 rig but i never got satisfied with it.I always liked the MP-1 better for distortion but i loved the MP-2 cleans,so now i have the best of both worlds.

3TM maybe will glow a bit less because the voltage will drop a bit but i don't think you will see it.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #151 on: Time Format »

Ok Ok, so I too look at all those bands and think what you think, but reality and practicality said "No will never have this or be able to take this to gigs".

many people just come to see you because of the gear on stage.It's a real attraction on it's own.
Whilst this is fun and something I enjoy as a fan of big bands I personally just want people to come for our music and our performance (how boring a, I???  :lol:).  And as I am learning most of those amps on stage where props.  Aren't people talking about fake marshalls cabs on here on another thread?  Hahaha that's so crazy  :lol:  I know priest had two full cabs each guitarist and the rest where fake, so you're just like Judas Priest MJMP  :whoohoo!:

You have double the speakers I have, and despite this I can only take half mine to gigs.  I'd love to have a free roadie!!!

Generally how gigs in Ireland and UK is, someone brings cabs, and everyone uses them for the gig.  Then someone else brings the drum kit.  That's how it is.  Sometimes we have to bring all the stuff, but in sayin that I only ever take two 2x12" cabs.  If other guitarists have also cabs I can use then I'll try plugging them all on depending on what load they create.

But anyways, it's kinda unheard off for anyone to take that amount of gear anymore but this might just be where I play I dunno.  Are things like this in Belgium or is it just yourself?  We played with a Belgian band in Holland last year and these guys where doing the same as us, showing up and using gear that was supplied for them, but using their own amps, same as me.  Generally what will be provided will be two 4x12"s, one for each guitarist.  I always use both since I play in stereo so one each side of the stage.

You know if I had the capability to take as much as you (which sure would be fun :))and people to help, I would still be at the mercy of the sound man who is in control and if he tells you you cannot go any louder then you have to do what he says or else risk shit sound and feedback hell!

If I was like playing really big places I could see the need I guess for all those speakers, but even at that, you are mic'd up anyways and it doesn't matter as it's the PA you are relying on and the sound man and the monitors.

MJMP living out the dream with two marshall stacks!! :thumb-up:

Curious now as to what other guys on here play with or what the setup is like in their countries?  Lots of gear or just essentials for a backline?
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #152 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I've used a variety of live setups over the years, mostly whatever I could afford.  These days, for a small gig I take one slant split stack (wired stereo), 8 RU rack, 2 RU rack (TS100), lead bag, 2 guitars.  For a larger (medium room) I take the 2 slant split stacks instead. I've toyed with the idea of using all 3 split stacks and using the middle on for the Marshall, maybe one day, I don't gig much these days.

Allot of the bigger touring bands seem to use 2 quad boxes per guitar (side by side) and a head(s) with a rack for FX.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #153 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I've used a variety of live setups over the years, mostly whatever I could afford.  These days, for a small gig I take one slant split stack (wired stereo), 8 RU rack, 2 RU rack (TS100), lead bag, 2 guitars.  For a larger (medium room) I take the 2 slant split stacks instead. I've toyed with the idea of using all 3 split stacks and using the middle on for the Marshall, maybe one day, I don't gig much these days.

Allot of the bigger touring bands seem to use 2 quad boxes per guitar (side by side) and a head(s) with a rack for FX.

I was the same Richard, what eer I could afford, started with Marshall AVT150 combo and extension cab, then moved onto a 120 watt randall RX120 head and 4x12" and used both.  Then I ditched them both for Crate Power Blocks.

Now I've the Harley Benton.  Really love this Amp, bags of power, and sounds great.  Really useful Resonance and Presence controls.  Anyways now I have been able to afford better gear but I just can't cart it everywhere, only gigs I do in Ireland and the UK.  Flying over with all the shit I would like to add to my rig will be a nightmare.  Already got our manager looking into weight restrictions for stuff on flights.  Heard a band recently from England couldn't get their ENGL Fireball over in a plane to Ireland!  And that's not very far to travel at all.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #154 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, flying gear around without a big budget is a major pain.  Bit different if you can throw it in the truck and drive it there. And tube amps and cab (as we all know are not lite).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #155 on: Time Format »

Well i'm with Richard,i think a truck or something like a Ford transit would be a much better solution.This way you don't have all these restrictions and you can take on the road what you want.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #156 on: Time Format »

Ahhhh....but that is the beauty of the Split-Stack cabs. You can put a full stack in a smaller car and take it to a gig with your guitar(s), and have the whole thing set up by yourself like I was doing.
I used to have the 4x12 cabs, and at one time even had a Marshall 8x10 cab, but they are so bulky to transport and set up on a stage. I have no regrets about the ADA gear at all.

Just my two cents,

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #157 on: Time Format »

I do like that about my split stacks, they are much more car friendly, And I can get all my guitar gear in the back of the car. I can get 2 split stacks in, but I wouldn't be able to fit a quad box.
But if you can have a van or small truck it does make the whole thing easier and also lets you use quad boxes if you want.  Then it's a long drive from Ireland to Europe, if you have to fly due to time constraints (or distance) like all the bands who come to Australia bringing cabs is very cost prohibitive.  I think most of them just bring their heads and racks, otherwise they hire gear here.  Also driving between most Australian capital cities (for tomorrow nights gig) is probably similar in distance (if not more) than Ireland to Europe (bit less stuff/towns on the way though).

I worked on the Dire Straits Canberra gig of their farewell/thank you tour.  They even flew in their lighting truss, they hired front house cabs and amps locally.  They had each scaffold stage (all outdoor gigs) built the same so all the cables were (just) the rite length etc. Interesting show, it rained, we all got soaked, we loaded 17 semitrailers in 2 hours in the wet.  Perth took 2 hours and it was dry for them (bragging rights  :thumb-up: ). Apart from pack and load I got assigned to the foldback engineer so was lots of fun (apart from getting totally soaked)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #158 on: Time Format »

Very true Richard,

I put my two bottom cabs in the back seat of my Dodge Stratus, with the rack head, and my guitars, then put the two top cabs in the trunk with the foot controller, guitar stands, and mic stands. It all fits very nicely.

Perth! I have some very fond memories of that city! I visited there in 1980. It wasn't a gig, I was still in the US Navy at that time, but I would love to play a show there! Just saying...

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #159 on: Time Format »

I've only got to Perth a couple of times for work and not for long but nice city. They still have a lively music scene partly because they don't allow poker machines in pubs (like the rest of the country).  I agree, it'd be nice to play a show or 2 there  :whoohoo!: .

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #160 on: Time Format »

I've only got to Perth a couple of times for work and not for long but nice city. They still have a lively music scene partly because they don't allow poker machines in pubs (like the rest of the country).  I agree, it'd be nice to play a show or 2 there  :whoohoo!: .

Lucky YOU!  You live closer to Perth than I do, and my visit there was only four days.  :facepalm:

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #161 on: Time Format »

It's a long way away, 3 (24 hour) days drive non stop, need to share the driving... Fortuitously I got to fly.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #162 on: Time Format »

Richard,

You're still a lot closer than I am  :lol:

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #163 on: Time Format »

To True, however, if you flew and I drove, you'd get there first LoL  :wave:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #164 on: Time Format »

With my luck, the plane would crash :facepalm:

*starts singing to himself* "Shot Down In Flames......."

Harley 8)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up