ADA Preamps > MP-1 Classic

cleans MP-1 classic vs MP-2

(1/8) > >>

MarshallJMP:
For the moment I'm using the MP-2 for cleans only but the downside of the MP-2 is that it generates to much heat in my rack.I also have a classic and I was thinking of maybe swapping the mp-2 with the classic for cleans.

So my question for all the classic/mp-2 users, which preamp has the best clean sound in your opinion?

Griphook:
Hey MJ,

For my use, it strongly depends on the guitars I am using.

My Eko Semiacoustic plays better with the MP1 Classic, but with my 7 String Cort, the MP2 is more brilliant and "shiny"

Dante:
While I have no complaints about the clean tones in the Classic, I would have to say the MP-2 has the more transparent cleans. They cut through a mix with warmth and clarity. My Classic has that clarity, but I have to push it to get it through the mix.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey MJMP,

When I think of clean tones for a guitar, the first amp that comes to mind is Fender Twins. That is probably the most classic clean guitar tone known around the world, and the first good amplifier I ever owned.
    I can get good cleans from any of the ADA's, so now it's just a matter of taste as far as dialing it in. The MP-1 and MP-2 both have great clean tones with a lot of warmth on tap. The Classic has great clean tones, but not quite as warm as the other two, it's more of a Marshall clean IMHO. The great thing about the MP-1 and the Classic is the clean tones in there are much more dynamic so you can push the clean tones harder with humbuckers and the amp will respond more like a vintage tube amp in that respect. That's something I have always felt was a downside of the MP-2.
    One thing I've noticed about the Classic is that the levels are much more balanced between the clean and distortion tones, when I'm running it through a mixer. The other two preamps always seem to have a much stronger output on the clean tones than the distortion tones, so I have to edit the levels and try to balance them without changing the sounds.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
Hooked my classic up to try out, so anybody has some good clean settings/presets I could try out ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version