ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apartemental Absurdistan - but, there's work to do..  (Read 6697 times)

vansinn

Say what? You didn't get 'it' from the Topic line? No wonder, so read on..

Just had a strategy meeting with my real estate brokers.
My apartment has been on sale for a while, and despite a good many views on the net, far all too few visitors.
And guess what's the reason to the lack of sale?

It ain't painted white!  Oh dear, there's something to do when moving in!
And there's too much stuff in it; these days it all needs to follow the principles of Feng Chui, with very little to captivate the mind.
The brokers actually suggested if I could, like, put my guitars somewhere else..

So white and near-nothingness, it would seem, is the new aggregate black of today's spoiled and advertisement-stream-lined kids, about to go living in those expensive parental-buy study cabins.

What a world we're gonna have without hippies, freaks, geeks, outcasts, provocateurs, or :banana-rasta:
Who'll know about how to, like, fix things..

End of rant, I needed to get if off my chest before I start - painting a whiter shade of pale..
Time to hit the sheets and dream about wet T-shirt hippie chics with purple scarfs and long wild hair, someone who runs with the wolfs :lol:
Holy smokes, Batman, I'm getting old'n'cranky.. :crazy:

vansinn

Just to notice..
Sorry about my burps at times lately - but I had to vent my chest off some things..
Seriously, I did try shouting at a brick wall, but alas allach, didn't move an inch, so..
And a disclaimer: I of course do not see youngsters in general as maybe depicted in the former post.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

That's what this section is for, just get it of your chest.  8)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

van,

I had the same issue when I lost my house. I am a creative guy (have you seen my pedalboard? ) and each room was painted a different color. Some of the colors were a bit bright, but not obnoxiously so...I just don't like pale-pastel  colors (yuk!).

A realtor advised me to paint the whole place white - or beige - or anything neutral, but make it all the same color. I also had to move as many of my personal belongings out of the house as possible, for the sale. According to the realtor; people want to imagine THEIR things in the house, which is easier when your stuff is not in the way. Also, the rooms look bigger when you don't have a couple amps, several guitars, a drum kit and a little mixing console in it.

It sold in record time...within a month - best of luck to you!!

vansinn

Yeah, I read your comments loud and clear.
This is also what my own realtor said at the referred resent meeting.
What's so annoying, topping that they announced it some 150K dkk too high in the first place, is that they didn't advice on decoration right from the start, but waited a couple month.
My economy is now so troubled that I can hardly even buy the paint required to make it more selling.
Oh well.. managed to buy paint for kitchen and entrance and whitener for the floors, it's a start, at least, to begin tomorrow.

Sheez kebab.. where's my space ship when I need it; just let me get off this rock. I need change, I need space, I need a seriously overcooked BJ..

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Just buy a little at a time, one step at a time...you'll get there  :thumb-up:

vansinn

Yeah, you're of course right on this.
There's a sex club just across my street - maybe I should go there and offer proper truss rod adjustments in return for white paint :-*
Later, I could write: Apartment sold, can hardly walk.. :P
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Make sure you don't end up with body paint   :facepalm:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

:lol:

vansinn

That's the proper solution!  I now know how to make money for the paint!
It's a high ground floor apartment, so body paint it is - and charge the public for watching me paint both myself and my place, pre-announced on facialboek :o

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Better yet - paint yourself, then roll across the walls to paint the apartment. You could use a different shade of white (or beige) every time, so you should have arms/legs/torsos all over the place when it's done :)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.

LOL

Reminds me of a time I had to move....we left the place looking like a crime scene that had been processed but not fully cleaned up.   Good times. 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Kim...are you talking about the red paint under the carpet? haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up