ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New ADA MP-1 owner here. Finally pulled the trigger.  (Read 2498 times)

ADAddicted

Not really new to ADA as I owned a brand new MP-2 and Microtube 100 when they first came out along with a pair of the ADA 2x12 vertical cabs and regret selling those items to this day. I did however keep the Microtube 100 and still have it today. Over the years and when I say years im talking late 90s is when I let the MP-2 and cabs go I really haven't given much thought to an ADA preamp until recently. But decided this time I wanted an MP-1 and on Saturday I scored a 1988 ver: 2.01 very clean MP-1 and he even threw in  MC-1 floorboard at no extra cost and I got all this believe it or not from the Faceb**k marketplace and all for $150!!! The guy was only about 30 minutes away from me. Here is where Im at. He said it worked fine the last time he used it but its just been sitting in his studio the last 20 years. When I got it home it it powered up and cycled thru C1 thru all the channels and of course has the err 1-2-3. Dead battery!!! So I did some research here and ordered the battery holder from Mouser and a BR2325 battery and will have that mod completed as soon as my parts arrive. I removed both the top and bottom lids and desoldered the old battery which is all I can do since Im on hold waiting for parts. I hope its only the battery and when I do the patch restore it will be good to go. I will update as soon as I can. Cheers fellas. This site is a God send. Such a wealth of information. Im glad to be here.

The MC-1 is untested too. And needs to be cleaned up a bit.

"Keep SHRED alive"

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

You can fire it up with out the battery and test it, just do a reload of the factory presets and edit them. The only thing that will happen is if you turn it off they will be gone.

To do a reload just press store and then bank + 1 at the same time, you will get a message "presets loaded".

crowemag

Not really new to ADA as I owned a brand new MP-2 and Microtube 100 when they first came out along with a pair of the ADA 2x12 vertical cabs and regret selling those items to this day. I did however keep the Microtube 100 and still have it today. Over the years and when I say years im talking late 90s is when I let the MP-2 and cabs go I really haven't given much thought to an ADA preamp until recently. But decided this time I wanted an MP-1 and on Saturday I scored a 1988 ver: 2.01 very clean MP-1 and he even threw in  MC-1 floorboard at no extra cost and I got all this believe it or not from the Faceb**k marketplace and all for $150!!! The guy was only about 30 minutes away from me. Here is where Im at. He said it worked fine the last time he used it but its just been sitting in his studio the last 20 years. When I got it home it it powered up and cycled thru C1 thru all the channels and of course has the err 1-2-3. Dead battery!!! So I did some research here and ordered the battery holder from Mouser and a BR2325 battery and will have that mod completed as soon as my parts arrive. I removed both the top and bottom lids and desoldered the old battery which is all I can do since Im on hold waiting for parts. I hope its only the battery and when I do the patch restore it will be good to go. I will update as soon as I can. Cheers fellas. This site is a God send. Such a wealth of information. Im glad to be here.

The MC-1 is untested too. And needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Awesome score. I need to find myself that foot switch!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

MC-1 foot switches are probably easy to come across, I'm sure many here have one they don't use anymore as they've gone for a more modern midi switcher that also does CC for their other gadgets.  The Behringer FCB1010 is very capable and not too expensive.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

crowemag

MC-1 foot switches are probably easy to come across, I'm sure many here have one they don't use anymore as they've gone for a more modern midi switcher that also does CC for their other gadgets.  The Behringer FCB1010 is very capable and not too expensive.

I will need to learn how to load mini selections to the footswitch first. Hahahahaha. I am a new jack in regards to midi. Lucky for me this wonderful place exists!
Pages: [1]   Go Up