ADA Preamps > MB-1

Tubes heatup take a looooong time

(1/2) > >>

vansinn:
I get the message "Tubes heating up.." for a very loooong time, like couple of minutes; quite annoying. Both of my MP-2's does it about eight times faster.
It's pretty much been like this always, tough I think it's taking longer now than earlier - haven't used my MB for some years, so..

I haven't done any specific trouble shooting, because my electronic lab is packed down due to selling my apartment.

rnolan:
Hey Van, I get the same with both MB1s, just have to wait for them  :facepalm:

vansinn:
Well, that's not acceptable to me.
Either there's a reset circuit with a timing capacitor I can change, or I'll have to go peek'n'poke in the firmware to find the timing location and patch it up. I mean down, hehe ;)

rnolan:
Have they always taken so long ? Peter you would know ?  Both mine are the same they take ages to do their warm up.  Well compared to MP1 (which seems ready to go once it's booted). and MP2, takes a few seconds saying tubes warming up.   :dunno: . Look forward to your results Van  :thumb-up: .

MarshallJMP:
The MB-1 and MP-2 have a warmup circuit (look at the CPU schematics).From what I can see see it will take longer on the MB-1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version