• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Something smells rotten here!

Started by GuitarBuilder, September 11, 2017, 07:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

Check out this eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322732578169?ul_noapp=true

Note the item is in China......

Does that look like a fake listing to you?  I suspect we should report it.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rabidgerry

I know nothing about that unit.  However is it a model that is still produced?

I don't think so.  So how can it be new?

This looks like a blatant cashing in on a defunct model and someone in china has taken it upon themselves to clone it and sell it as though it is legit ADA.  I think they will probably get around copyright issues as for some reason China can, but I do think it might be worth pointing out to ebay.

I imagine though nothing much will be done.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: rabidgerry on September 11, 2017, 11:11:03 AM
I know nothing about that unit.  However is it a model that is still produced?

I don't think so.  So how can it be new?

This looks like a blatant cashing in on a defunct model and someone in china has taken it upon themselves to clone it and sell it as though it is legit ADA.  I think they will probably get around copyright issues as for some reason China can, but I do think it might be worth pointing out to ebay.

I imagine though nothing much will be done.

Actually this is a new pedal recently offered by A/DA.  I bought one of the first ones and it's actually quite good.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

It's possibly a Chinese "knock off" and while China is supposed to comply with copy write they don't seem to bother.  There is a massive "knock off" industry in China doing all sorts of gear.

So the price $23.18 is way cheap, they say it's 2nd hand and also free shipping worldwide, seems very sus to me.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

Dunno whats dis is, but I do find it weird with such a brief description.
Text also says New Item, while the listing says Used, so...

MarshallJMP

GuitarBuilder

Apparently the listing has been removed!  Busted!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls