ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Speaker day  (Read 2245 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: New Speaker day
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Update - these Lorantz speakers are fu@@g awesome  >:D . I just had a play through my new cut down rig with my oldest guitar (that I still have), Anson MIJ strat (heavily modified), has a late 70's SD hot staggered strat in the bridge, my old Navarra LP (the predecessor to Ibenez) bridge gold humbucker in the middle, and the original Anson SC in the neck. And just using my standard MP-2 patches, the sound is awesome. I love these speakers (and I've heard a few) and they just keep getting better.  If you are considering new speakers, give these go, you won't be disappointed.  So I went for the 12" 100w as they match up well with my various power amps.  The most popular apparently are the 75w 12".  They are about 1.5kg less weight and have a little more top end (according to the spec sheet).  Moreover Lorantz make a greenback version that allegedly matches the original freq curve. https://www.lorantz.com.au/product-category/loudspeakers/12-inch-guitar/

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Holey crap batman, these speakers just get better and better as they settle in.  At first, the MP-2 clean sounds were just melting me, so good.  Initially bridge PU dirty wasn't quite floating my boat as much. But they have come on like a storm :whoohoo!: .  Just fished a rehearsal with the rig and all the sounds were just amazing. And I haven't changed the patches at all. So B200s set on 1 o'clock. Vol pedal ~1/2 (which is the MP-2 main out vol), well we are in my lounge room.  The great thng about that is my neighbours ask me to tun it up, go figure (Wayne's world, party time..). 

So now I'm seriously contemplating changing out all the Celestions in my ADA Slant Split Stacks for the Lorantz 75 w 12"s (https://www.lorantz.com.au/loudspeaker-products/loud-speakers/12-inch-guitar/ac304u75-mi-12-inch-guitar/).  So I have the 100w variant (https://www.lorantz.com.au/loudspeaker-products/loud-speakers/12-inch-guitar/ac304u100-mi-12-inch-guitar/), while I don't know the shipping cost to OS (e.g. US) at $207 and $216 AUD ($133 USD and $139 USD respectively) is not outrageous.  And these are the best guitar speakers I've ever used.  So if you want something a bit special, that sounds "way better (IMHO)" than the competition, order a pair and try them out.  I can categorically say/report, you won't be disappointed.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

So I've come up with an idea (I expect it's not new  :dunno: ), that instead of trying to cover the speakers with a grille of some sort to protect them.  I was contemplating making (or getting made) a cover so they are protected in transport.  So while pondering that idea, I though, what if I can find a travel suitcase (cloth version with 2 wheels, not 4) that it fits in?  The one I have is just a bit small, I need 670 x 470 x 310 inside the case.  So it seems this idea may work out as there are plenty bigger than mine.  And if I can fit the MXC, Exp pedal etc. in the front zip pouches  :whoohoo!: .  If I have a cover made, I still have to carry it (and it's on the heavy side (like all good speakers should be).  But, if I can fit it in a wheely case with a handle...  Anyway my ex has a case almost the right size and she wants a new one with the 4 wheels.  I'm hoping it works out (it's 450 wide but soft sided and I need 470 wide) apart from that it will fit fine.  Work in progress LoL.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up