ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: what do you think about a tribute collaboration for Jurrie?  (Read 35334 times)

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic

Peter and I are slicing and dicing one of my songs for everyone to have a crack at, I'm attempting to send him the files as there are 9 @ 40MB each.  He's going to slice and dice it to suit various needs, you can get a version no doubt to put some lyrics on.  The song is called Little Memory, it's kind of about my son who was borne but unfortunately not alive so in some ways maybe appropriate for Jur as in the anguish/loss I'm sure we all feel, my tail end solo for example...
Anyway hopefully you guys will like it to play to, it's in A 440hz
I've attached a squished MP3 so you can hear it, hope it's something you guys want to play on...
:thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Ok just downloaded it back and had a listen, F&&k MP3 files are such a shit format, so sorry for the horrible sonics but I had to make it a zip (mp3 not aloud as upload) and keep it under the 2 MB limit, but hopefully you get the idea...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Sounds good to me,the song that is.

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks

sounds good to me too. Kudos to you for writing something for your son RN. I wrote a tune for my dad/Jurrie and sometimes it's hard to listen to and not start to tear up. :thumb-up:

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic

I'm upgrading my computer to a 64BIT system, a different soundcard (RME  O0) & a new version of Cubase, so I'm having a 3 week delay in setting this new jam up, sorry.

It will be done though :)

In the meantime can somebody start up the administration of people that want to contribute shredding and/or riffing?  :metal: :metal:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel

Well, if it would be of any assistance, I could setup an FTP repo for the tracks on this.   So, willing to help with the administration/organization.

RNolan:  Let's PM and get a better quality scratch to work with.

Everyone else:  Start signing up on parts (rhythm, vox, part (verse, chorus, etc)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Zilthy »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

sounds good to me too. Kudos to you for writing something for your son RN. I wrote a tune for my dad/Jurrie and sometimes it's hard to listen to and not start to tear up. :thumb-up:
Absolutely, I tear up often with that one  :'(

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Well, if it would be of any assistance, I could setup an FTP repo for the tracks on this.   So, willing to help with the administration/organization.
RNolan:  Let's PM and get a better quality scratch to work with.
Everyone else:  Start signing up on parts (rhythm, vox, part (verse, chorus, etc)
PM sent  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Copied from (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=508.0) as more relates to this thread.
Thanks Zilthy, I'll get onto it  ;)
The tracks I sent to Peter are Kit L/R (electric drums but played live), bass, rhythm guit mono (not me BTW and needs to be back in the mix, the song doesn't really need it), acc guit, my guitar MP2 direct L/R (all riffs, intro, verse chordy bits, tail end solo), vox, vox harmonies. So Peter can do various mixes based on those tracks depending what you want to add.  From my perspective, the middle 8 is the only bit I don't feel is quite finished.  I plan to re-record the drums at some point (preferably with real drums).  So PM Peter to let him know which tracks you want included in a version you want to play on.  I'll ftp a higher quality .wav of the song so you can work out which tracks you want/don't want included.
I could also ftp the separate tracks so you can import them and do your own slice and dice...
The whole thing was recorded live with protools LE, the only overdube was vox harmonies IIRC.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hi Zilthy, check PM  :wave:

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!

Hi people!!

I don't have so much time on my hands these days but I'm sure I can squeeze some minutes here and there
and provide either a guitar or electric violin solo...   :metal:

Count me in!
EMGs suck my energies.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Chucky, a violin solo over the middle 8 would be nice  :thumb-up:

I uploaded a better quality version to Zilthys ftp site yesterday so PM her to get access, this is the complete song, PM Peter H Boar to request a mix with various tracks included/excluded.
Cheers Richard

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Zilthy, converting it to MP3 has slowed it down ?  If you are going/want to change/compress it from the 48MB 44.1k 16 bit .wav then .flac would be better (allegedly lossless), MP3 are just the worst format (even higher bit rate MP3s) (along with Apple iTunes .acc of course, they are just as bad if not worse).  The main reason I wanted it up as a .wav is so it could be decent resolution, I'd prefer 48k 24bit but the version I ftp'ed has been dithered to 44.1k 16bit for writing to CD (.cda) and is probably a format that most can listen to.
Cheers R

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Zilthy, sincere apologies, I remembered it being a little faster but just compared it to original file and it's not so bad... Sounds ok through the truths and seems it is that slow.
Cheers R
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up