• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

SERIOUS G.A.S this month.

Started by Chamai, June 25, 2016, 06:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chamai

landed a new job, more money, no mortgage,  more gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone pick up that jmp1 9200 power amp deal on evilbay?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

No way man congrats!!  :banana-upsidedown:

I too am looking for a new job so I can get the hell out of the shit paying crap job I have now.  It's comfortable where I am at in regards to work load and people but the pay is garbage! 

On the GAS front, I no buy the power amp, but I landed in the last three days, two Celestion Vintage 30's for very cheap price, they are newish also :)  I'll combine these with my Eminence CV-75  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e  Cheapest one today I got for like £53 postage included which is $70 and 63euro.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

I snavelled another Mesa P112 (1x12/tweeter, very nice cabs BTW but expensive, Boogie   :facepalm: ) yesterday, that model is EOL and allegedly the new replacement model isn't as good  :dunno: , the shop only had 2 left so I grabbed another one to have a pair, so now can run the bass in stereo (which I did, sounds awsome), I also tried the MP2 through them last night (cab simmed), which also sounds great  :whoohoo!: .  So now I want to build 2 cabs for my 15" Altects to sit underneath the P112s  >:D and I can use them for bass and guitar.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

R, I think you have way to much GAS  :lol:

rnolan

Hey MJMP, I have to agree  :facepalm: , but my it's enjoyable  ^-^

MarshallJMP

Hey you only live once,so enjoy it while it lasts. :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

Who has the worst GAS?

f*ck I thought I had bad GAS, but Rn is GAS disabled!!  He's kind GAS.

I think I have tamed mine, but I still got it.  I'm always buying, but then I always have new needs  :crazy:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

The whole bass thing has got me on a roll LoL..  Off to buy some heat shrink to make a stereo to double mono (~insert) lead so I can run the bass stereo, well it's actually one PU per channel.  According to a guy on the Alembic forum it really opens up the sounds (not that it isn't amazing already..).  So it will be one PU per MB1 > desk > (+TC MOne del/rev) > DCM200L > 2 x P112 cabs.

Mmm maybe I need another guitar  :nono:

Chamai

Quote from: rabidgerry on July 22, 2016, 11:26:02 AM
No way man congrats!!  :banana-upsidedown:

I too am looking for a new job so I can get the hell out of the shit paying crap job I have now.  It's comfortable where I am at in regards to work load and people but the pay is garbage! 

On the GAS front, I no buy the power amp, but I landed in the last three days, two Celestion Vintage 30's for very cheap price, they are newish also :)  I'll combine these with my Eminence CV-75  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e  Cheapest one today I got for like £53 postage included which is $70 and 63euro.

right now i do less for a  lot more money. i do insurance so it's boring as hell. might as get paid more to do the same shit. i do miss my old co workers though. but most of them left the same time as i did coz we were under paid and the company just sucked. they were kind enough to give me a bonus when i left. from what i have heard, another co worker was gonna leave but the manager actually decide to pay her more to stay. if she leaves, there will be only 1 full time and 1 manager and 1 part time. we need at least 6 full time people in the office.

fun fact, my relatives own the damn place. i just told them im done. we are 2 months behind on paperwork coz they are too cheap to hire good people. they love hiring people with no experience but the company won't put the time to train them.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

Quote from: MarshallJMP on July 23, 2016, 08:49:59 AM
R, I think you have way to much GAS  :lol:
got an updated picture of all your gear good sir?
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Soloist

Wow, the new jobs thing must be contagious. My wife just got a new job making a lot more money :thumb-up: Only problem now is we have to move 2 hours further north. Its fine with me because I like it out in the country, besides cities here are way over populated. I haven't been on here much lately, trying to get my house in order to put it on the market, pack stuff and look for a new house. :facepalm:  The nice thing is now we can get a larger house with a few acres of land. Is that a new studio I smell coming my way :whoohoo!:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

Hey Chamai, some shots of the P112s, MB1s and the Alembic control cavity

Chamai

want those cabs man...

perfect for a w/d/w rig

1x12 and 2x12 sell for more used on my local craigslist. wtf..
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

Hey Chamai, they're nice cabs, really well made and a good size, 300w. But they are expensive puppies, they retailed here for $1300 AUD each (ouch).

Chamai

gear in AUS seem overly expensive.

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H