ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pic Attachment Size  (Read 4121 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Pic Attachment Size
« on: Time Format »

We love to see your pertinent pics attached to your post, but a lot of them are being rendered to a file that's far too big to be easily used/seen.  A good Rule of Thumb would be that if the pic needs to be scrolled up/down or side-to-side on a normal pc monitor to see the entire pic, it's too big.   :( 

There's two things you can do to help.  One is to reduce the size of your pics at the source.  Your digital camera/smartphone should have a setting to adjust this. Failing that, the other thing is to resize the pic before attaching them.  You might have a program for that already in your computer at home.  If not, there's a few great online services to resize your pics for you. This one in particular that I have been using is free, very easy to use, free, very quick, and free.  Did I mention it's free to use?   ;D  I even have it Bookmarked for use on my home computer.
http://www.resizemypicture.com/resizer/resizer-main.php

Upload your JPG, GIF, or PNG images up to 3MB in size and 3000 pixels wide.
STEP 1 Choose Your File
STEP 2 Choose Your Size  (Click the "600 Pixels Wide" option)
STEP 3 Choose Quality  (Leave it at 100%)
FINAL STEP Click the Button Below to Resize

It will do the work and present to you the resized pic.  Simply click on that pic and "Save Image As..."  The easy-to-follow instructions are all right there.   :whoohoo!:  Now you can Upload and Attach the pic!

vansinn

Re: Pic Attachment Size
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Yo Kim, there's a configuration item somewhere that can limit the size of attachments; don't remember where in the config menus..
Back in the days, I'd set the size to suit 1200x800 + a tad ;)

Apart from how much to scroll when viewing, size also matters for how much space is consumed on the server, and further, the larger the attachments, the longer it takes loading a page - and we get to pay for network bandwidth.

I'd also recommend Gimp - opensource Graphical Image Manipulation Program.
Been using it for decades, available for most all operating systems.
https://www.gimp.org/
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up