• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

Greetings Everyone!

Started by VoxG2, August 09, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoxG2

I'll sell it. I only paid 125.00 after shipping and I ain't looking to profit. Is it appropriate to do this here, or should I eBay/Reverb it?

Kim

Quote from: VoxG2 on September 12, 2016, 08:59:37 PM
   I'll sell it. I only paid 125.00 after shipping and I ain't looking to profit. Is it appropriate to do this here, or should I eBay/Reverb it?

Feel free to list it in the Buy & Sell ADA Gear section.   :thumb-up:

rnolan

An up side of the B200s is there is room in it for a toroidal power tranny, I still have Dante's old US voltage B200s tranny in a cupboard  :facepalm: .  New 240v toroidal fitted perfectly.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

VoxG2

I love it with the bridge pickup...it's when I switch to the neck that I get frustrated. Thanks for that info...I'll get some shots and list it.

Harley Hexxe

Vox G2,

What does it do on the neck pickup that is so frustrating, and what kind of pickup is it?
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

VoxG2

It doesn't respond to the neck pickup like a tube amp. I use Motor City Pickups in most of my guitars, and they're amazing. The neck gets dark and loses the "sparkle" that I get from a tube amp when I play through the B200S.

Harley Hexxe

That's a little odd, since those are great pickups. I would have thought tweaking the Hi's and the Presence in the MP-1 would bring that back, since mine has a very bright response that way.

rnolan

I'm with Harley here, I've always had good response from the B200s on either PU and plenty of sparkle, maybe something else is going on ?   :dunno:

VoxG2

I suppose it could be me!  8)  How should I run the amp? Cranked up with minimal push from preamp or crank preamp and bring B200S up slowly? Thanks.

rnolan

To make sure there is plenty of level and good signal to noise crank up the MP1 output so the power amp is getting a good strong input signal then adjust its volumes to taste. I used to run my B200s between 12 and 3 O'clock on stage and less (~10 O'clock) in quieter situations.

Harley Hexxe

I run my B200S around midway up and level with my preamps. I run some hot programs in my preamps, so I never run the poweramps up full.

Dante

I generally run my Preamp at about halfway (12:00-1:00) and use the Poweramp volumes for different levels. I find that if I crank the preamp too hot (2:00 and beyond), things not only get distorted, but some of the gains get that fizziness that doesn't sound full.

YMMV

VoxG2

Ok...I'm gonna keep this thing and give it a shot! Thanks y'all.

Harley Hexxe

That's why we're here :thumb-up:

rnolan

Quote from: VoxG2 on October 04, 2016, 10:33:17 AM
   Ok...I'm gonna keep this thing and give it a shot! Thanks y'all.
I think you'll be glad you kept it, there aren't that many poweramps that work as well for this application.