Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Looking for something similar to the pitchtraq

(1/3) > >>

bunkyloo:
Hey all I have been trying to use the Pitchtraq with my mp-2 and a  mixer and I think I would like it for the mp-1 rig instead trying to slim down the mixer.
So I guess my question is. What pitch unit would work good with the mp-2 as in 2 in and 2 out midi as well. Any thoughts would be great thanks Steve.

Griphook:
Hey Steve,

I like the TC electronic G-Major 2 a lot for Pitch-shifting, Harmonizing and stuff. It is a multi-FX-unit, so for just using the Pitch-Functionality it might be overpowered.
It has PC, CC capability and can even use Expression-Pedals for on the Fly-Change.

...hmm, the more I think of the abilites of this unit, the more I want to tinker around with my MP-2 and GMaj2

vansinn:
Methinks you'll be hard pressed finding a Pitchtraq replacement, because it does it in hardware in contrast to others doing it in software, with the resulting latencies. Also, it's pitch shifting has virtually no weird artifacts.
However, this doesn't make the Pitchtraq better per-se; it doesn't do intelligent pitch shifting, par example, and has no MIDI, so..

rnolan:
Hey Steve, I've used a Digitech IPS33 Smart Shift for many years, first with MP1 and later MP2, it's old but does have Midi patch change (although programs limited to 1-99), tracks well and sounds good.  It is mono in but has 2 channels out, each can be a different pitch.  I ran it off 1 Fx send and return down 2 desk channels (L/R) both sent to Quadverb sends 1/2), MP1/2 down 2 channels (L/R) L send 1, R send 2 and both send 3 (to IPS)

bunkyloo:
I have looked into the ips33 for a while. Im sure it is a good unit. The G major I've heard a lot of talk about I have a opportunity to pick one up locally for $100 usd just waiting for a email back.
If I can find a good deal on the ips33 that could be an option being it has two effect outputs and is midi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version