ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon MPX G2  (Read 45676 times)

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
Re: Lexicon MPX G2
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wa4l7n9ozt5nk7/Lexicon%20Gallien.wav

So, this is the on board Preamp of the Lexicon with it's own cab sims, chorus/detune, delays... it sounds surprisingly like the lovely old Gallien Krueger units I used to have... the GK 250rl and the 2000cpl... what a fun discovery!!!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

El Chiguete

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

In terms of routing the possibilities are almost endless....
If set up with the 4cm with a dedicated preamp in the Insert, you can route any FX pre or post. The FX/preamp chains can also be varied in terms of series/parallel, not only global or per chain but also within each preset chain....
The FX are Lexicon-quality. There´s an analog section that contains OD/TS, Comp, Wah,... especially the Wahs (Vox and Cry-Baby types) are damn good.

WOW I DID NOT KNEW THIS!!! So you can put a MP-1 (or another preamp) in the loop of the G2 and place whatever FXs in front or after?!!!!

Plus the wahs sound good!!!!?
« Last Edit: Time Format by El Chiguete »
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

For efects only, what do you think of it compared to a Line 6 HD500?

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

There´s also some PC/MAC edit software:

http://miprosoft.com/mpxg2/

I didn't know that someone made an app to control it and make it easyer to work on the settings of the patches!!! This is something that made me pass along one sometime ago!  :facepalm:

So do you control the settings real time when you have it connect it to the G2?

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

1) WOW I DID NOT KNEW THIS!!! So you can put a MP-1 (or another preamp) in the loop of the G2 and place whatever FXs
    in front or after?!!!! Plus the Wahs sound good!!!!?

2) For efects only, what do you think of it compared to a Line 6 HD500?

3) I didn't know that someone made an app to control it and make it easyer to work on the settings of the patches!!! This is
    something that made me pass along one sometime ago! 
    So do you control the settings real time when you have it connect it to the G2?

1) Yes; yes (they sound real good, adjustable Q-Settings, Gain, Highs/Lows, Vox or CryBaby type)
2) The HD still sounds like a Modeller, the Lexicon sounds like a Lexicon (no coloration of the (Pre-)Amp tone)
3) You can control the parameters in real time when connected to your PC/Mac...you can control everything
    parameter-wise in real time as well when set up in your rig with a capable floorboard (MPX-R1, Rocktron All-Access,
    Skrydstryp, RJM, Axxess, Ground Control Pro, FCB1101,...). MIDI and control options are assignable and endless....

C:-) MPX-G2 Manual
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

El Chiguete

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I have one locally for sale (without the R1) for less than $300. Before I decide what to do, can you answer this for me just to make sure:

1) do the effects spillover (delay, reverb, etc) when going from one preset to the other?
2) can I overwrite any preset with my own name and settings or just the 50 user presets?
3) how good are the factory presets as a starting point of the effects in this unit?
4) are you willing to give me tips on how to use it? jejeje  :banana-dance:
« Last Edit: Time Format by El Chiguete »

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I haven't had mine long enough to know if there is a way to do spillover... right now, my unit does not... I'll dive into the manual tonight when I'm done teaching and see what I can find...

There are so many spaces open for your own presets it's nuts... plenty of wiggle room... again, I'll check the manual for details...

Factory presets:  honestly, I haven't used many, because I was too busy fiddling with the cab sims!!!  The "modern" preset is what got me to that Gallien Krueger sound.  And being that it's a Lexicon, you can't go wrong.  The learning curve is a bit steep at first, but a few passes and tweaks and having the manual at your side, it's not any more difficult than any other unit I've encountered.

For less than $300, make sure it's fully functional... if it is, that's a steal in my humble opinion.  It makes my Rocktron Xpression sound harsh and digital.  It is far more warm and (I hate the word) 'organic' than my old Roland GP-100.  It stomps my old Roland DEP-5/DEP-3, the Alesis Quadraverb, other lower end Lexicon units I've had (MPX-110 and 500).  It's far and away the best unit I've used in a long while.  Again, just my two cents...

I have one locally for sale (without the R1) for less than $300. Before I decide what to do, can you answer this for me just to make sure:

1) do the effects spillover (delay, reverb, etc) when going from one preset to the other?
2) can I overwrite any preset with my own name and settings or just the 50 user presets?
3) how good are the factory presets as a starting point of the effects in this unit?
4) are you willing to give me tips on how to use it? jejeje  :banana-dance:
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

El Chiguete

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Well I bought the MPX-G2 today  :metal: so it's time for me to go deep in the manual and test this baby!!! So for the guys that have this be ready for PMs with questiong from me  ;)

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

There´s also some PC/MAC edit software:

http://miprosoft.com/mpxg2/

Is there any other computer editor available? what do I need to connect the G2 to my computer?

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Nope, AFAIK that´s the only real editor... You need a standard MIDI->USB interface/connector like this one

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Fantastic!  Keep us posted!  I can't imagine you will be disappointed.

Well I bought the MPX-G2 today  :metal: so it's time for me to go deep in the manual and test this baby!!! So for the guys that have this be ready for PMs with questiong from me  ;)
-Adam

El Chiguete

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Well after a few hours trying it out today so far so good  :banana-dance:

At first I tried to see if I understand the thing but HELL NO jeje but then I went step by step with the manual and is not hard at all, you just have to think of it as sub-menus on Word, Excel or any other computer program.

It's completly transparent with my MP-1 and the pre and post effects routings rock  :metal: Now it's time to continue reading the manual and trying the different effects.

Nothing like testing new good gear and having christmas early  :banana-upsidedown:

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

So does anyone been able to set the flanger for early VH (Unchained) sounds? I check the patch that they have for this and they don't use the actual flanger but an effect called Centrifuge...

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Also if you guys have general tips from your experiences with this unit please share.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

I haven't played with the Flange as of yet...

General tips:  none, really, except keep the manual close by and keep experimenting!  I've really fallen for the pitch and detunes being used instead of a chorus... a very full and rich sound.  The cab sims are just incredible for me... doing some recording with them and love how clear and open they are in the mix.

SC, you got anything else to add?
-Adam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up