ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 108401 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #315 on: Time Format »

That's a beautiful play room you have there - Kitty likes it too :)

Chamai

« Reply #316 on: Time Format »

That's a beautiful play room you have there - Kitty likes it too :)

really enjoy hanging out in the basement. only annoying part is everytime i wanna record something or just record something quick. I have to turn the entire console on.
mixing stuff on the console is really fun though.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #317 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, nice set up  :thumb-up: .  The A&H will give you plenty of routing options.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #318 on: Time Format »

Where are you guys finding this stuff. Never seen any rocktron stuff in my area
Well I wouldn't say Rocktron equipment grows on trees on the UK but I found the Replifex on ebay.  I found my Intellipitch on ebay also.  I found my Hush IICX on ebay, my Hush Silencer pedal on ebay as well.  All on ebay, because I do not know anywhere else that has this stuff for sale where you can POTENTIALLY get it at a good price.  Reverb seems like a bunch of rip off merchants.  Ebay has them too obviously, but at least very occasionally you can nail a bargain like I did.  You just need to be patient which can be tough  ;)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chamai

« Reply #319 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, nice set up  :thumb-up: .  The A&H will give you plenty of routing options.

Its awesome. I decided to just output to the console and mix. I was going in the console before but since I'm just recording by myself, I can't monitor anyways since I'm the only one playing. Gives me a little more flexibility to route stuff in the daw as well. Only downside is I don't get to use the console pre amps.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #320 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I've got a Behringer Erorack desk (UB2442Fx) that I use for all inputs and outputs.  My monitors run off the main outs.  Mixing down tracks I usually use the confuser as then you can have it remember different mix settings (protools) but all the monitoring is via the desk, so that way I don't get any latency. I use a couple of subgroups to send stuff to different amp/speaker setups, the main one is mixer > B200s > Messa P112s and I route the MB-1, MP-2 and Vox to it/them.  Good for a live jam... but also easy to record as the 1st 8 inputs have direct outs to plug into the 8 in/out I/O.

Chamai

« Reply #321 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I've got a Behringer Erorack desk (UB2442Fx) that I use for all inputs and outputs.  My monitors run off the main outs.  Mixing down tracks I usually use the confuser as then you can have it remember different mix settings (protools) but all the monitoring is via the desk, so that way I don't get any latency. I use a couple of subgroups to send stuff to different amp/speaker setups, the main one is mixer > B200s > Messa P112s and I route the MB-1, MP-2 and Vox to it/them.  Good for a live jam... but also easy to record as the 1st 8 inputs have direct outs to plug into the 8 in/out I/O.

Hey buddy, I am still learning and discovering new things I can do with the console. kinda miss my buddies but they live in another city. we use to jam a lot. i tried going into console first but it didn't really work for me. again, since i record every instrument myself. unless my wife can monitor drums for me but she im sure she has no idea what that even means. I do like the pre amps on the console. But it's not the end of the world not using it.

i send the snare and the bass drum to 1 bus since they both go through their own 1176 clone, and the other drums/overhead to another bus. other instruments are pretty straight forward.
i think i dug myself deep going analog because i want more preamps and compressors. Yes i know I can use plug-ins. But seeing those VU meters light up on hardware is just awesome. Makes me feel good about myself even though I really don't have a clue what I am doing. I pretty much buy the gear first and figure it out later hahaha.

I am actually taking my guitar rack apart and moving my eventide eclipse and pcm 90 to my console. All i will have left is a pcm 81 and a tri chorus. i prob pick up a spx 90 to handle the detune and stuff. hate to admit, but plug reverbs are pretty damn amazing these days. But i still like hardware coz it looks cool.

i am prob gonna go for a LA2A clone as my next comp and a couple of cheap dbx's just to compress toms. I do want another klark teknic 76kt because they are affordable and they sound damn amazing. but if i decide to ditch the console in the future, i really don't wanna have 3 of the same compressor.

man, I am running out of channels. I wished I had a few more channels I can use. right side of board is dedicated to FX's.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #322 on: Time Format »

Where are you guys finding this stuff. Never seen any rocktron stuff in my area
Well I wouldn't say Rocktron equipment grows on trees on the UK but I found the Replifex on ebay.  I found my Intellipitch on ebay also.  I found my Hush IICX on ebay, my Hush Silencer pedal on ebay as well.  All on ebay, because I do not know anywhere else that has this stuff for sale where you can POTENTIALLY get it at a good price.  Reverb seems like a bunch of rip off merchants.  Ebay has them too obviously, but at least very occasionally you can nail a bargain like I did.  You just need to be patient which can be tough  ;)

I really wanna give the preamps a shot. Ebay prices are high and some sellers charge a lot to ship to Canada.  We never have the cool stuff here haha
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #323 on: Time Format »

Oof, I think I might have gone overkill.   I just realized I bought 4 guitars in the last 3 weeks.   Maybe closer to 2 weeks.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #324 on: Time Format »

Go Zilthy, well I wouldn't call it overkill  :whoohoo!: .

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #325 on: Time Format »

Go Zilthy, well I wouldn't call it overkill  :whoohoo!: .

+1 :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #326 on: Time Format »

Oof, I think I might have gone overkill.   I just realized I bought 4 guitars in the last 3 weeks.   Maybe closer to 2 weeks.

you make it sound like a bad thing  ???

David Drake

« Reply #327 on: Time Format »

I fell ya Zilthy.
When it rains it pours_ In the last few months I have marked off of my ASAP wish list and scored some great stuff really cheep, except the Ouad that was probably a premium price but I didn't care it was NOS stock, rare + I wanted it! My moto is never look back you will only see what you missed out on.

Anyway score sheet in the last 3 months = Quadtube 150, Ampulator, Microtube 200, D 1028 delay and a few others that haven't been tested to see if they even work. It's just how it goes. My only grip I've had is a lot of MB-1 stuff has hit and I can't Strech my own grave digging length any farther :D

I've been really Jonesing for a complete ADA speaker set up for my MB-1 preamp as I pimp out as a bass player also. :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #328 on: Time Format »

Hey Dave, what poweramp are you running with your MB=1? Just that I have a US model ADA B500b all fixed and ready to go with MJMP in Belgium if you are interested? 

David Drake

« Reply #329 on: Time Format »

At the moment Its fed into a peavy tko 80 as I sold my ampeg set up to buy the Quad-tube and that's all I got left. What you asking as that is the 1st in the building block IMHO of this quest. Here's the Tko 80 live' while a faithful failsafe back up it's not the real deal_
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up