ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone any recommendations for tune-o-matic saddles  (Read 9228 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Anyone any recommendations for tune-o-matic saddles?

Specifically looking for nashville saddles.  I am rulling out tusq and graph tec as they will look shit next to chrome hardware.

This is for a tonepros nashville bridge I bought.  Good sound but the f**king chrome plating started to corrode and come off very early on on the saddles.  I would not recommend these to anyone because of this although they offer lots of harmonics and trebel and I suppose sustain.  For the price you pay for them though I think its a joke that the chrome comes off without any abuse.

Anyways I want to replace saddles on the bridge now.  I had KTS titanium ones but the wrong f**king size!!!!!!!!!   :facepalm:

All suggestions appreciated  :thumb-up:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Just my 2 cents.... But for me the GraphTech matte black ones would look awesome on a chrome bridge...
http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/string-saver/product-detail/ps-8500-00-string-saver-originals-gibson-nashville-pre-2000-(6pcs)?id=6ea42747-e294-49db-bf5b-bdaf4858612f

AHHHH no way man!!  Looks rubbish.  Better than the white ones though I guess.  I like the price that's it hahaha

I have some string saver graph techs on a strat, they are steel but they have little pieced of the ferraglide graphtech shit in the centres.  If graphtech made these for tune o matics we'd be in business.

Still I might have to consider the matt blacks man.

I'd really like a trem on the V without altering the body but those bloody stets bars cost way to much.  I can live without.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator

Ja, the only one I know of is the Schaller Les Paul retrofit tremolo and that is ~250$  :nono:

But seriously, the Chrome bridge with black saddles looks nice:
https://www.allparts.com/GB-0539-010-Graph-Tech-PS-8863-C0-Loaded-Autolock-Tunematic-Bridge_p_1563.html

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

whats with El and you ans the Jajajaja rather than hahahaha?  You guys on acid?

Hmmmmm hard to visualize the black and chrome.  Reminds me of shitty ESP pickups (sorry ESP users  ;D )

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

El is speaking a bit dutch since he came over to my place,"ja" is dutch for yes,so he saying yesyesyesyesyes  ;D

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Any other nashville tune o matic suggestions guys?

El Chiguete

El is speaking a bit dutch since he came over to my place,"ja" is dutch for yes,so he saying yesyesyesyesyes  ;D

Well that beer you gave me sure helped jeje.... I meen hehehe  :lol:

As for the OP any reason why you dont buy any replacement tuners from allparts or another store?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

well I'm looking for suggestions for replacement saddles, not recommendations as to where to buy them

when I decide which ones to buy then I'll go shop for them at somewhere like Allparts.

I actually never shop at Allparts because it's way more expensive than other stores and they don't stock a massive variety compared to other places.

Personnally ebay is the place to buy everything (nearly.)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Ahh I always wondered, and he does like/uses it allot (it seems) well it's kind of how I've always taken it anyway, go EL  :whoohoo!: your famous (well in our lunch box LoL), hey El very much appreciate your contributions  :thumb-up: really helps make this the place it is.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

anyone else any other tune o matic saddles they can recommend?

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator

With the Graphtecs being my #1 pick and recommendation, the only other I can think of would be Callaham nickel plated brass saddles.

Callaham dealers in the UK are either www.guitarexperience.co.uk or charlesguitars.co.uk...

George Forester Guitars is the one who stocks them Callaham saddles over here in Germany....

DorsetRatt

Ahh I always wondered, and he does like/uses it allot (it seems) well it's kind of how I've always taken it anyway, go EL  :whoohoo!: your famous (well in our lunch box LoL), hey El very much appreciate your contributions  :thumb-up: really helps make this the place it is.

I thought it was a quote from "When Harry Met Sally"  :facepalm: ;D
« Last Edit: Time Format by DorsetRatt »
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

MikeB

I'll have what he's having.
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up