ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Board added for "ADA Cab Sims" in Other ADA Gear (coz El asked for it LOL)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD: Super Clean VIPER!!  (Read 146 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • View Profile
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
NGD: Super Clean VIPER!!
« on: Time Format »

Kim already knows about this, but I just landed a VIPER on Reverb and it looks REALLY clean. Can't wait till I git 'er
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC

rnolan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NGD: Super Clean VIPER!!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Kim

• Bringer of Doom
  • Administrator
  • Circle in the Night, a Fire within.
    • View Profile
    • Ov Moros
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I can't believe that Viper came up for sale in such good condition.  Pretty sure they are more rare than the QuadTube, but less rare than the other Sidewinder series amps.  These Vipers are so much better than what you'd normally think a 1x12 combo would be.  They sound AMAZING.  The Crunch on the Green channel was worth it alone, plus it has more tonal selections over in the Red channel.  The VariCab makes it behave like a much bigger amp and cab; engaging it makes the sound just leap out at you.

Damn fine score, Dante. Damn fine score.   :thumb-up:
RIG OF FIRE:  ADA MP-2, Rocktron Xpression, Peavey Classic 60/60, Gator GPB-BAK-1 pedalboard, Korg DTR1000, Rolls MidiBuddy, Morley Tremonti wah, Saturnworks buffered splitter.
Mellotron/organ section:  EHX Mel9, EHX C9, EHX Soul Food, Boss LS-2, Vox V860 volume, Crate Powerblock.
Pair of 4x12 cabs:  each custom wired for both 2x12 guitar and 2x12 Mel9. UPDATED DIAGRAMS
HOME/STUDIO/COMBOS/STUFF:  ADA Quad Tube 150m, Crate G60XL, Saturnworks Saturn Fuzz, Boss CS-3, Peavey PV6, Morley Volume/Wah.
GUITARS:  Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Silvertone P-bass, '70s Gretsch Dorado acoustic.

Dante

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks man, I appreciate you getting back to me so fast too  :thumb-up:

Now, I have opened a whole can of worms here because I need some sort of delay/chorus/multi effects pedal to pair with this thingy. Of course, I just sold my Boss GT-8 about two months ago  :face palm: that woulda been fine. I have a Morley volume/wah ready for use, just need some sort of multi effect with delay/chorus/flange/modulation/tremolo etc. It doesn't need to be a good source of gain or distortion. I'm watching tons of videos of demos right now trying to get an idea of what I want to use.

For now, I can use my Tech 21 Fly rig. By itself, it's great to get you through a gig....as a multi effects, it's limiting. Only a delay or chorus, not both. There is reverb and an amp sim, then there's the OMG distortion I could (but probably won't much) add to the viper. There are a slew of copycats out there that offer a delay and a chorus in a tiny package....just looking around now.

I may revisit the iPad, and a bluetooth controller. The iPad could sit either on my amp or on my pedal board...probably my board, where I could see what I'm using on each patch.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

MarshallJMP

• View Profile
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Dante, we will be expecting a full review with soundclips  ;D

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

hi Dante,
Couple month ago i got an ada viper too (70 bucks :metal:), amazing how those units looks good even after 25 years !
actually i'm using it with a boss ME-x pedalboard, you got all the delay/flanger/chorus/EQ...  whatever modulations.

but you also got 3 free spaces for your stomps too.

it works pretty well for me, you should check

tomy

"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

Dante

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

$70!?!?  You sir, are a THIEF. That's a steal. Nice score  :thumb-up:

Thanks Tomy, I did seriously consider that. They sound great for f/x and are rock solid for gigging. However, I'm going to explore using my iPad mini first to create a high-tech option that could also be run directly into the board. It'll save me some floorspace too. If that doesn't work, or if it turns out to be too much of a pain to use at a show, I'll go with the simple ME-x unit. Very reliable stuff and programmable. That works.

I bought one of these foot pedals for my iPad. Cost under $15 with shipping
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: [1]   Go Up