ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3TM Demos (Rabid Bitch of the North - Demos)  (Read 23415 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I feel I'd like to share some demos of new songs I have written for my band on here.  Using 3TM and my DI recording setup.

These have no names as of yet and the band might actually be annoyed at me disclosing this stuff potentially before official release but f*ck it I wrote them so I can post them up if I want.

First one is actually combined with a Boss GT5 preamp sound, Marshall Model 1959 (not enough gain so EQ set before it with a mid/trebel boost).  Then a 3tm Patch.  Speaker sim is a green back one with um I forget the mic!!!

Anyways see what yall think.  Drums I programmed in a program called Hydrogen, beat for beat, no pre made loops.  I make all my own drum loops.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
Re: 3TM Demos (Rabid Bitch of the North - Demos)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Another one, this time not as complete as the one before.  Just calling it "Pirate song" at the moment lol  no reason for this.

This is all 3TM.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

This is another un-named track.  It's nearly finished as well.  Might move a few things here and there.  Also need a solo or something in there, may be in two places.  Nearly done :)  This is 3TM and Boss GT5 again.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

My favorite is nr3,nice song and sound.It seems to me you don't use a lot of gain,what settings do you use?
Anyway,typical 80's metal sound.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

hahaha that's the patch you give me on all the tracks.  As I said two of the tracks have a Boss GT5 Patch mixed in also.  Its probably the right channel any time the boss was included, then left would be 3tm and then I'd do a third with the 3tm and have a subtle stereo chorus on there.

This is not a lot of gain?  ahahha  That's enough gain for me.  I will tell you I used to use a lot more but now I'm older I think it sounds better with less gain.  More ummmmmmmmmmm how shall I say, more stuff that seems to cut through better.

Basically I set my gain for most of my metal stuff by two factors. 

The first factor is spongey feel.  Do I have enough gain to do pull ons and pull offs and tapping and other stuff.  If I have that feel I will quit the gain.  Also I would say I try put enough on so I do not have to hit everything really hard.

Second factor, does the amount of gain add too much noise and also shitty fizz I don't want.  (this is a new factor I have started to adhere to).

Well I hope someone likes the songs because I'm going to play them live and very loud at some point and if no one thinks they are good then they're in for an awful lot of aggravation ahahahha    :facepalm:

Let me see if I have any of the individual tracks lying around, so you can hear the gain properly with each track.  Some times gain gets smoothed out by layering of tracks (this is what I find anyways.)

Any to all who listen.  These are demos.  I think they are decent demos (compared to what demos used to be like what with a tape recorder shoved up against an amp...........those were the days) but they are not like official releases or anything.  These are what I make and then let my band hear and then they learn them.  Some times I finish them totally sometimes I don't or by the time I finish them I just don't bother to do a demo of the whole song because the whole band will know it by then.

Just saying in case someone comes along and thinks this is shit. :lol:

MJMP Typical 80's metal sound,  it might be typical in that context but there is not a lot of bands I play with in 2015 that ever have a sound like me.  May be it's a sign I should change, but I'll never do that  ;)  80's is the best sounds for me, I have tried a long time to get as many flavours of that era as possible.  Still trying.   :crazy:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

That sounds AWESOME!!! Especially Nr3.....the guitar sits so well in the mix! And very much to my likings....not edgy/spiky but real creamy!  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

That sounds AWESOME!!! Especially Nr3.....the guitar sits so well in the mix! And very much to my likings....not edgy/spiky but real creamy!  :thumb-up:

He man, high f**king 5!!!

Yeah creamy  :thumb-up:  my fav also.  I hate edgey, well most of the time.  Too much gristle can be bad, sometimes a little bit is good.

Ok for my guitar sound, I did nothing post recording!  NOTHING NOTHING ZERO!

It just so happens that the drum samples I used in the sequencer are so well recorded that they match well, and then the combined results I get with the guitar are good (in my opinion as someone else might thing differently).

With my actual drummers drums, I have to fool around a little bit with the guitar.  Basically it all goes to shit once I put in vocals and bass guitar ahahahahahahahahhahaa  those demos recordings here have no bass at all.

But anyways that's the direct sounds I get, well 3 of them.  3TM Boss and 3TM with doubling stereo chorus on there.  No reverb I don't think.  I'll post some more when I have them.  I may as well chart my findings on here.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

No need to change your sound,i really like it!!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Well alright then :)

That again is the Westone Dimension IV with that 30 year old pickup inside hahaha I really should pot it as it squeals like a bitch.  Or replace like SC said with the Dimarzio super PAF.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, finally got my laptop up so I can play the clips (workstation died  :facepalm: ), hey I like them all  :thumb-up: By the 3rd clip I just wanted to play some stuff on top  :whoohoo!: When I get the recording setup up and going again (soon I hope...) I'll suck it into protools and and whack a few solos on it just for fun, "great tones" and playing my friend  :thumb-up: really liked it all !! So that's your 3TM ? it sounded very good, like hot rodded MP1 (which is what the  3TM is all about ?).  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DesmoBob

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Killer songs, bro. The last one was my favorite. I wish someone would record you guys playing live. It must be a helluva show!  :metal:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, finally got my laptop up so I can play the clips (workstation died  :facepalm: ), hey I like them all  :thumb-up: By the 3rd clip I just wanted to play some stuff on top  :whoohoo!: When I get the recording setup up and going again (soon I hope...) I'll suck it into protools and and whack a few solos on it just for fun, "great tones" and playing my friend  :thumb-up: really liked it all !! So that's your 3TM ? it sounded very good, like hot rodded MP1 (which is what the  3TM is all about ?).  :wave:

Yeah I've solo in the third song.  It's nearly complete, I might change a few things with arrangement.  The 2nd song (labeled the pirate song) is only about 6o%.  I came up with more for it over the last few days so I will stick down the drums I want for it then record the new sections.  I work piece by piece like that.  I generally start off a song by finding a few pieces all in one go, then I build upon that.  Only the first track is 100% done.  The solo I made up in 4 takes and spliced two takes together.  The bulk of that solo I am keeping but toward the end I'm going to change different notes slightly.  Funny stuff I improv on I can't just play again straight off, I have to go relearn it!!  Pain in my balls!!! hahaha

Killer songs, bro. The last one was my favorite. I wish someone would record you guys playing live. It must be a helluva show!  :metal:

Thank man, that's nice to hear.  They are certainly what float my boat but I'm sure not everyone agrees.  Yeah we make a helluva racket for 3 people, power trio to the max!!

Funny I'm playing this weekend sopporting Diamond Head and I was thinking of recording the set.  I'd have no control of the mix though as it would  just come from the desk.  I might still try it.

There are some videos of us live online but I will be honest.  Most of it from gigs is all shit.  I either sound like I can't play or the quality is umbearable.  Live imagery and decent audio is something I hope to get from one of our shows real soon.

Thanks all who enjoyed the songs, means a lot to me.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Batsinthebelltower

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

WHO IS THIS REBEL FROM THE NORTH

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Batts, well to me he's our good friend from Ireland  :wave: :thumb-up: and pretty bloody handy with all things guitar LoL  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

WHO IS THIS REBEL FROM THE NORTH
Hey Batts, well to me he's our good friend from Ireland  :wave: :thumb-up: and pretty bloody handy with all things guitar LoL  >:D

I guess it's more of a Winterfell and Iron Islands thingy...... :wave:  :lol: :lol:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up