ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite FX  (Read 12745 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Your Favorite FX
« on: Time Format »

I know not everyone here likes/uses FX, but here's a Poll for those of us that do.  If voting "Other" please tell us what it is.   :banana-guitar:

El Chiguete

Re: Your Favorite FX
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Ok well I voted for delay and chorus BUT I wanted to vote for 3 because just recently I discovered how to get compression to boost the sustain and I think I will start using way more for some situations!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Chorus and Reverb for me!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Delay and Pitch Shifter. I use the shifter more as a detuner/chorus without the wobble for that modern EVH type tone. :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Delay and Pitch Shifter. I use the shifter more as a detuner/chorus without the wobble for that modern EVH type tone. :thumb-up:

Hey soloist check out my harmoniser clip on the pitchshiftyness thread man. 

My fav as per my vote I just submitted is Chorus an reverb.  Partly because they are the two staples of guitar playing diet. 

Although I have room for others, it's just a time and a place.  Sometimes and an effect can add the extra dimension you need.  If I think I can stick in a subtle flager or phaser effect I'll go for it.  But it needs to be nailed and the right place to do it.  The same goes for delay.  I'm only recently just starting to think about where I could use some delay in solos.  Only ever used it once in an intro where I played an appreggio and then had the delay repeat it once right after and so on and so forth.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey soloist check out my harmoniser clip on the pitchshiftyness thread man. 
RG that sounds sweet. I really like the run at :46.
I was a chorus man myself until I discovered how to set the pitch shifter in my G Major 2. I didn't care for the chorus on the GM2 so I have a Boss CE-5 in my loop as well.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

cheers man.  I have yet to use this but I do like the "downtuned effect" or chorus effect that can be obtained by a pitch shift.
Why is that effect called downtuned?  Sounds nothing like being downtuned?

I love my stereo chorus.  But I use it subte, I never heap it on like really obvious, I colour the sound, like similar to later 80's priest of you get me?  Not even sure if the did that or not but it sounds similar to me  :thumb-up:

I also love the harmoniser, I think the Boss sounds really good.  I have no idea how other people find it hard to track them.  Perhaps they play shit.  I heard Marty Friedman review one of their stompbox pitchshifters/harmoniser one time, not sure if this was recent or not I can't remember and he actually mentions he has always found them hard to track his playing.  I find it easy even doing that fast picking.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Mmm 2 options is a bit limiting, but my staples are a mild stereo delay and stereo reverb (a must have  >:D ). In MP1 I liked using the chorus as a nice short fattening delay (depth 100 rate 0), in MP2 that seems to flange a bit (with 2 x 12 cab wired stereo). But FX are horses for coursers (very subjective  :facepalm: ), one approach, get a good tone on your rig (no FX) then blend in the FX you want  :thumb-up: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

well if we are being that specific my reverb and chorus need to be stereo, also when I use delay I like to have a stereo one of these also which I get via the Boss

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Reverb,delay and chorus

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Reverb,delay and chorus

Same as me really.  In that order?

Is wah counted?  I like that too I just never use it but I will some time :)  I use to use a stuck wah a lot when I was a kid on my Zoom 2100.................ahh those were the days of early FX discovery

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Reverb,delay and chorus

How come you get to pick three?   :o :o :nono:
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

MikeB

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

I've selected reverb and chorus as they are all over everything, but they are so common in a basic tone that i almost don't really think of them as effects. As far as other stuff goes, i really love a good phaser but i don't use it much.  I'm keen to get more into using delays and harmonies.
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Reverb,delay and chorus

How come you get to pick three?   :o :o :nono:

I just had to do it ,sorry  :facepalm: ::)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I've selected reverb and chorus as they are all over everything, but they are so common in a basic tone that i almost don't really think of them as effects. As far as other stuff goes, i really love a good phaser but i don't use it much.  I'm keen to get more into using delays and harmonies.

Mike how often do you use Chorus?  On and off at time or on all the time?

I use mine all the time for subtle doubling effect, then when I want a more "chorus sound" I have a different setting that allows more of the actual chorus tone out.

Also, I used to have reverb on subtely constantly.  But I have noticed if I am in a bigger venue that has a lot of natural reverb I will turn it off completely because I can hear enough of the natural reverb.

Does anyone ever have their bass player use any chorus on their rig?  I would like to get our bassist using it sometimes but I wouldn't know if it would work well if say the guitar had modulation on also.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up