ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Speakers in Split Stack Cabs  (Read 1524 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Stock Speakers in Split Stack Cabs
« on: Time Format »

This one's for Richard,

I opened a couple of my Split-Stack cabs today, and the original speakers in them are labeled G12S-50
      Black and white Celestion labels

(I looked for the thread we were talking about this a few days ago, and "Search" couldn't find it, so here is the answer to your question).
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Stock Speakers in Split Stack Cabs
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Thanks Harley, that's what I thought.  So the G12T75s in that single slant split stack I bought were changed out it seems, then not to matter,  as I said, the way I use it stereo, 16ohm 75w matches the amps I run it with better.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

No problem at all Richard.

I needed to go look at them once again because it's been so long since I opened one of these cabs, that I actually forgot what model speakers were in there. Pretty generic looking labels, but they do say they are made in Ipswitch England. (I probably didn't spell that right). So, I'm guessing these probably sound better than the only 50Watt speakers Celestion has now, the Rocket.

I have been toying with the idea of swapping out some other speakers into a couple of these cabs to see what that would be like. But I doubt it. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, yeah it's tempting to try some other speakers I spose, but as you say, not necessarily if you don't have to.  My favourite speakers ever were a pair of Plessy Rolla 12U50's my dad bought me (50 years ago).  They are still going strong in the cab I sold MikeB.  Sound great with MP-1 and B200s.  The Plessy Rolla plant and all the tooling etc. in Melbourne was bought by Lorantz (1976?) and make great speakers today https://www.lorantz.com.au/  The people at the Melbourne music centre love them and get them to make green back clones https://www.melbournemusiccentre.com.au/pages/lorantz-speakers-page for them to sell (and put in their own gear).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

Yeah there's a lot of good quality gear coming out of Australia. The country's best kept secret? :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up