ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC-1 and Quadraverb  (Read 7047 times)

jjspelman

MC-1 and Quadraverb
« on: Time Format »

I just received an old MC-1 midi controller. Can I use this to switch programs on a Quadraverb? I have been trying for two hours but no luck. I believe I have the same midi channels on both devices so I am not sure if this will work or not. Any help is appreciated.

kawai2g4b

Re: MC-1 and Quadraverb
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

It should, I am able to use mine with my Roland GP-8 and Lexicon MX200.  Dante uses a Quadraverb so he will be able to tell you.  That and there are a couple other Quadraverb user on here as well.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

El Chiguete

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Probably have to set them both to the same MIDI Channel?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I have them set to "All receive".  My MIDI rigs are very simple so I can get away with that setup.  But i checked on the Quadraverb reference manual, of which I will PM you with, which says there is an "Omni" mode, which is their lingo for setting it to "All Channel Recieve".  On page 81, it shows how you can set the MIDI receive channel to match that of the MC-1 or vice-versa and get that to work.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

jjspelman

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I saw that in the manual that I also found online. I thought it just meant it would accept the connection from the MC-1 regardless of what channel was selected.

I will certainly try that.

Thank you for your time!!!

kawai2g4b

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Glad to help.  O0 Hopefully it works, because the alternative would not be fun.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I just received an old MC-1 midi controller. Can I use this to switch programs on a Quadraverb? I have been trying for two hours but no luck. I believe I have the same midi channels on both devices so I am not sure if this will work or not. Any help is appreciated.
2nd Thoughts.. Yes you can:  the MC-1 is "just" a midi program change switch, it sends out midi program/patch change numbers/data (on either All MIDI Channels (1 - 16) or on an individual (selectable MIDI channel 1 through 16) that other midi gadgets (e.g. Quadverb) recognise and respond to on their midi in DIN sockets (what they do with it after that is programmed in the unit e.g. Quadverb has internal change table (e.g. get 100 in go to prog 40 etc).  As below watch out for Alesis programs are 0 - 127 = ADA prog 1 - 128 so Alesis 39 = ADA 40)
My First thoughts:
Absolutely, my first ADA Rig was MP1 and Quadverb an ISP33 Smart shift with MC-1 foot pedal. So this becomes a MIDI discussion ? and the MC-1 only does MIDI "program" change (there's lots of other MIDI options/things it, MIDI can do/control but they're N/A here).  So MC-1  gets a button press and sends out a signal  (e.g. prog change 100) > (MIDI in on some device (it's just a MIDI program change pedal) what the receiving device does with it it what you tell it to. So MP1 gets the signal on its MIDI in din socket .  MP1 will change to patch 100, same data is sent to midi through (Quadverb (if connected to MP1 MIDI through) will cange to 99 as it's 0 to 127 = MP1 is 1 to 128
So MIDI through sends the MC-1 midi program data with no alterations (the receiving unit can do what it wants with this (e.g. it can decide to make prog 100 > in go to prog 34 etc) depending on device).
MP1 also has MIDI out, within MP1 is a MIDI change table to select e.g. when MP1 recieves MIDI change prog signal 100 it can translate this to another prog change number e.g. 3 and MIDI prog chage 3 is what is sent to whatever you plug into the MP1 MIDI out (e.g. MP1 MIDI out to Quadverb MIDI in)..
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

jjspelman

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

@kawai2g4b - that was the trick!

So now I just need to figure out the table assignments and program the buttons to the appropriate effects.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up