ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cab position when practice/recording/live  (Read 4003 times)

El Chiguete

Ok so how many of you use your cab position relative to you and your guitar to get more sustain/feedback for general practice at home and not just for special recordings or live moments?

Today I was doing just some random playing and I went to hit a note on the end of a solo from a song and I noticed that the note died on my really soon so I was like wtf  :dunno: ??? Since I was playing thru my general rhythm preset I went ahead and maxed out the gain just be happy that the note sustained but guess what IT DIDNT  :crazy: :crazy: After trying it out a couple of times and checking what was going on I thought "let me raise the volume, maybe the tubes are not getting that much work", so I tried it and still died on me  :???: :???: :???: So then I sait to myself "OK if I face the cab it should work"... and it did! But I knew that will get it to work but what I didn't expect was that I went ahead and played it again with the gain and volume back to normal but this time facing the cab and guess what the note kept sustaining just as before!!!

So here is my dilema, should I take this allways in consideration and rearrange my room so that I can face the amp allways when practicing (actually it looks like if I turn 180 degrees and have the amp totally in my back works too) and not have the amp at an angle relative to my guitar so I can use this?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: cab position when practice/recording/live
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Never had that problem, I have only ever encountered this when there was something wrong with my guitar or the noise gate/reduction was set to high.

Not really sure what you mean in your actual question

Ok so how many of you use your cab position relative to you and your guitar to get more sustain/feedback for general practice at home and not just for special recordings or live moments?

For me it doesn't matter where I am playing.  The only time the proximity of where I am in relation to my cabs is when I'm playing at mega loud levels in rehearsal or live and the only difference is I can get a lot more feedback in places which of course can be used to sustain notes.  I find it easy to get feedback though, just take my hands of the string and stand close to the cabs.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Mmmm strange problem,i would say normally your sustain comes from the guitar?

El Chiguete

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Well is not exactly sustain but a feedback that makes that note sustain... I think I solved it by turning up the amp a bit louder.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well if it's feedback you are after then yes it's all about volume.  Bedroom levels usually aren't ideal (depends on how loud you are aloud to play at home  :lol:)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well if it's feedback you are after then yes it's all about volume.  Bedroom levels usually aren't ideal (depends on how loud you are aloud to play at home  :lol:)

+1 :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up