ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-1 footswitch options?  (Read 9484 times)

mp1addict

ADA MP-1 footswitch options?
« on: Time Format »

I've been having trouble finding ADA footswitches(MC-1, MXC, etc.) on eBay/Amazon and if I do find them the seller writes something  sketchy in their description like "worked last time I used it". Which is a drag because if I'm going to buy a midi switch for $100, I mine as well buy something new. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone in the adadepot forumland could recommend me some options? I was looking into a tech21 midi moose but I'm not sure if it would work in conjunction with my MP-1. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks!  :thumb-up:
Rig: >Ibanez RG570FM(w/DiMarzio's)>ADA MP-1(fx loop:TC Electronic HOF mini>MXR 9-band EQ>ISP Decimator)> ADA GCS-2

MikeB

Re: ADA MP-1 footswitch options?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi mp1addict.  The midi moose looks like a reasonable substitute for the MC1.  It even has phantom power, which is supported by the MP1

If you are just changing programs on your mp1, then the midi moose is probably the way to go.  I use a Behringer FCB-1010 so that I can control both my MP1 and my G Major 2.  The 1010 gives me much greater flexibility as I can send up to 5 different Program change messages (on different channels) and several CC messages with the press of a single button.  It also has a couple of expression pedals built in which allows me to control all sorts of things on the G  Major.  It is fully programmable so you can set it up any way you like.  The down side is that programming it will do your head in.  It also doesn't have phantom power, so I have to run a power lead out to it as well as the midi lead.  So, if you're only wanting to change programs, the midi moose looks the nice and simple option.

You may want to get MarshalJMP's opinion on the reliability of old MC1s.
I don't feel tardy!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Any midi controller should work, just get one that's easy for you to understand.

That said, the midi moose would work fine, as would a G-System in conjunction with your ADA (for both ends of the spectrum ;)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

As far as reliability goes,i never had to fix a broken MC-1,MXC or MXP.They are very well build.The only thing that can happen is a broken switch.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

As far as reliability goes,i never had to fix a broken MC-1,MXC or MXP.They are very well build.The only thing that can happen is a broken switch.
+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I did find over many years (playing 5 ish nights a week) that some of the buttons/switches on my then MC1 got a bit sticky, bit of contact cleaner seemed to do the job..
Also found the pot in the CC swell pedal with my MXC needs a clean from time to time, again after many many gigs (and they do live on the floor and get stomped on).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

And the switches are pretty cheap
Pages: [1]   Go Up