• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Boss EQ 200

Started by rabidgerry, April 10, 2020, 02:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidgerry

Check this out guys!

It's an awesome pedal I think.  I didn't realise it was f**king huge though!  If you aint impressed by this then..................jeeez I dunno!  I aint buying one of these but this has got to be one of the best EQ's ever made!  It's got everything!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

Well it looks like a digital version of the MQ-1  ;)

vansinn

Todd Rundgren: "I can always rely on my friend, the e-q-li-ze-r"
Looks and sounds interesting, has selectable center-freq and has MIDI.
And as usual, Pete's doing a great job demoing it.

rabidgerry

Similar to MQ1 in that it's a programmable EQ but I don't think the MQ1 has anywhere near the options.  Like separate EQ for each channel or the selectable center-freq or the ability to run as a front EQ and after EQ at the same time.  That's incredible.

Yes Van, I have caught a few of Peters videos, and he does them very well indeed.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

The MQ-1 is stereo and has 2 separate EQ's but the center freq is fixed.

rabidgerry

Didn't know that it had two separate for left and right.  Can't do EQ before preamp and after preamp though  :lol:

Still good though.  Didn't realise it was analogue.  How different from the rane MPE14 is it?

MarshallJMP

You could do EQ before preamp and after preamp if needed.

ADA sold the MQ-1 design to Rane and they used it to make the MPE14, analog it's almost the same, the difference is the digital circuit.

rabidgerry

MarshallJMP

That's a nice price for this unit. My guess is it just needs a cap job and a new battery.

rabidgerry

Quote from: MarshallJMP on April 24, 2020, 01:45:34 AM
That's a nice price for this unit. My guess is it just needs a cap job and a new battery.

Yes that's what I was thinking (about the price)

MarshallJMP

Are you interested in it Gerry ? If not maybe I'll grab it.

rabidgerry

Well I would need to fix it.  Which would cost a bit more money.  And also time.  So realistically I probably shouldn't buy it.  So go ahead man.  I knew you would be interested which is why I posted it up.

Of course it would be nice to have though.

MarshallJMP

The Rane arrived today with more problems than the seller said, but all fixed now  ;D

bunkyloo

What did you have to do to it? I have one sounds good but needed a battery of course.

MarshallJMP

Battery, cap job, and it had a strange glitch on both outputs. Also some led's stayed on (40, 160 midi channel and all the DP's of both displays).
In the end it was a short on the front panel, one of the pins of the right display was pushed through the protective fish paper and was shorted to ground.
Works fine now.