ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-3 What Should It Be ?  (Read 16296 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
MP-3 What Should It Be ?
« on: Time Format »

Ok ADA are doing the APP-1 (not tried one yet but one of us should, they look decent although no tubes (am I being a philistine... :( )) and some other re-issues/new(ish) of great flangers, cab sims etc. But personally, as an MP-1 now MP-2 owner, I'd like an MP-3 (ahh but what should it include? ??? ??).
To the extent that the ADA dudes look at this forum (I recon they probably do ?), maybe we cab give them a wish list ?

So I'll start (maybe in a 2 RU Unit priced less (and it will be better than the AxeFX ($3.5K in OZ))):
4 tubes and SS preamp, tubes configurable to stack them (1TM, 2TM.3TM, 4TM, 2 left/2 right ?).
2 Chan Cab sims
MP1, MP1 3TM (and variants) MP1 Classic, MP2 modes, + MP3 modes (hey happy top help develop these  >:D )
Built in analogue/digital multi effects (e.g.) ADA Digital delay, Flanger, Lexicon Reverb
All the MP2 stuff (Wah/gate/Trem/eq etc)
quad or more parallel effects loops (6 would be good, and maybe on board mixer for the loops)
Real time midi etc
Multi country PSU
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

Re: MP-3 What Should It Be ?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well I don't know if they should do a full on preamp/multi effects unit, but it would be cool if they did it!

Besides what you said I would like it to have a good usb interface for setting up patches and for direct recordig with or without poweramp and mic simulation...
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Absolutely El Chiguete, USB interface, Wi Fi/Blue Tooth smart phone app/integration, direct recording. re-amp support but analogue signal/tubes at the core.  Hopefully they are listening to us  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Batsinthebelltower

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I would totally buy this, though it would have to be more akin to the mp1 / 3tm than the mp2 - i had an mp2 and sold it on after a week , as i found the distortion to resemble ART processors and other non ADA units. The mp1 dostortion is where its at !  :banana-guitar:

I like the idea of a built in cabsim option ! Not sure why ada released those little pedals ; although they are fun , its only halfway to what the customers wanted ! Maybe as there are so many original mp1's going about still , they are afraid to release an inferior unit , or conjur the opinion "the old ones are better" and their new unit not sell..

I noticet he cost of digital boards today , Line6 , Boss GT series, even the silly priced axe fx - and when you think you get an ADA for under £300 , i would buy the ADA every time ! Over 20 years since its creation and its still top sound for me, by a mile !  :banana: :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Why don't we make our selfs,enough braincells floating around here. :lol:

El Chiguete

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Why don't we make our selfs,enough braincells floating around here. :lol:

Sertantly with all your knowlage you cold do one!!!  :homer:

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Something that the MP1, MP2 and Classic have different is that they are analog devices that let you save presets  :metal: This is something that I believe makes them different and sound so great!

Is it too much to ask for analog effects too??? :???: :???:

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

kawai2g4b

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I agree, if Roland did mostly analog midi-controlled effects with the GP-8 then why can there not be a few analog effects to go with it?  While I'm dangerously behind the tech curve for my age, the i-pad connectivity would be a big win in my opinion. 

I think the MP-1 chorus circuit is a keeper if you can find the right components to match the original, maybe even a TFX4-like configuration but with the midi control capabilities instead of the individual switches.  That said, it would be awesome if one of the modes would be fuzz pedal friendly just to add a wild card dimension.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

El Chiguete

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I agree, if Roland did mostly analog midi-controlled effects with the GP-8 then why can there not be a few analog effects to go with it?

Well I don't know why but I just think that the price of this is RIDICULOUS!!! http://www.vintage-revolution.com/products/pedalpro/

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

My thoughts on an MP-3 would be to strip it down to more basics similar to the MP-1 Classic set up.

I'd keep the chorus, built in cab sims, stereo outs (with the chorus, duh!), and an on board noise gate.

Other than that, I might not even make it programmable.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my MP-1 and MP-2 while I had them... but, the interface on my ISP Theta Preamp and my (now gone) Engl e530 were VERY simple.  I'd still have the Engl if it had a built in noise gate.  If I ever have the funds, I'd step up to the Engl e570, but it has SO much going on compared to it's little brother.  The ISP Theta is so simple but HIGHLY versatile... simple interface is very attractive to me...

The notion of a small built in power amp like the Engl e530 is also VERY appealing... The e530 was great to use that way when I had it.  Both the ISP and the Engl have built in cab sims (frequency compensated outs) that I did like; I just like my ADA GCS-2 even more!!

Imagine an MP-1 with fewer controls... maybe knobs as opposed to buttons.  No programmable MIDI storage, just channel selection...

And keep it a rack unit, of course!

My two cents!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

How about an MB-2?  I'd like to see maybe a 6 band EQ with sweepable corner frequencies for all bands.  Also more contours on each preamp section.  Maybe some more built in FX like a reverb and envelope filter.  It would also be nice if I could edit the position of the external FX loops to before or after the compressor, before or after the EQ, at the input, etc. etc. Also, I like the compressor a lot, but I'm sure it could be updated. :banana-rock:

El Chiguete

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Imagine an MP-1 with fewer controls... maybe knobs as opposed to buttons.  No programmable MIDI storage, just channel selection...

I'm sorry but this is one of the main reason why me and many others like it... no MIDI storage = I won't buy!  :nono:

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Well i agree with El C,it must have midi and it has to be programmable.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

You could have both; a simple, knob based interface and midi programmability. I had a Peavey ProFEX, it had four knobs on the front with an LED indicating where they were programmed for that patch. You could reach over at any time and change the knobs to your liking, then save the patch. Quick. Simple. KNOBS.

I like where you guys are going...I have to say, I really like the suggestions BrokeDownSouth (BDS) had for the MB-2. That sounds interesting.

Micky

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I agree on knobs and parallel loop  :homer:
Kramer Paul Dean
ADA MP-1
Lexicon LXP-1
Alesis Midiverb IV
Peavey Classic 50/50
Engl 2x12
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up