ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237739 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #480 on: Time Format »

Nice !!! Great band, saw them a bunch of times in the 80's.

ADAddicted

« Reply #481 on: Time Format »

« Last Edit: Time Format by ADAddicted »
"Keep SHRED alive"

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #482 on: Time Format »

Metal Church were awesome btw.  It was like a religious experience.  It was the first time the band visited Ireland.  They played Belfast and Dublin.  The band were awesome, and Mike Howe...................well the guy still has it.  I am very disappointed that I could not meet them after the show.  They basically told everyone they would meet them at the merch and sing anything they wanted for free.  Then after they would mingle.  Truly awesome band.  Went right out the next day and bought their latest studio album.

Hail Metal Church!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #483 on: Time Format »

Just saw Lynch Mob in Seattle on Saturday.  His gear got ripped off in Portland, so he was playing through a late 70s JMP which I think he had cranked, bypassed the power amp section and into through a rack with 2 Roland SDEs and a 1U power amp of some sort all going through an EVH 5150III cab and Marshall 4X12.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rADAr

« Reply #484 on: Time Format »

Altura - "Mercy", 1st and last album from 1996! For all lovers of early Dream Theater :)
ADA MP-1 2.01 Stock
ADA MP-1 1.38 w/MRDT+2.01 upgrade

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #485 on: Time Format »

« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #486 on: Time Format »

ACoS is the last Dream Theater work that's great all the way through.  I don't include the weird covers and stuff because those don't count.  Falling into Infinity has 3 good songs (New Millenium, Lines in the Sand, Trial of Tears) but everything after that album is just garbage.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:

Iperfungus

« Reply #487 on: Time Format »

ACoS is the last Dream Theater work that's great all the way through.  I don't include the weird covers and stuff because those don't count.  Falling into Infinity has 3 good songs (New Millenium, Lines in the Sand, Trial of Tears) but everything after that album is just garbage.

I 100% share your point of view.
Infact, since equation DT = Kevin Moore is always verified, DT are today just a bunch of technically (very) skilled circus guys and music is elsewhere.
I linked Chroma Key's Dead Air for Radios to give an idea of who Kevin Moore still is (also the OSI project is awesome) and what DT could have been and they are not (listen to Space Dye Vest from Awake...).
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #488 on: Time Format »

True that.  "Awake" is a grower, for sure.  It gets better every time you listen to it.  "Lifting Shadows off a Dream" is criminally underrated.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:

Cabinet:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #489 on: Time Format »

Back in proper f**king form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bought this album right after seeing the band last week! The opener is such a NWOBHM style riff!!

I am not surprised this album has been Metal Church's highest chart success ever!  :metal: :banana-rock: :headbanger:

awesome!

total legendary!

Nice trousers Mike  :o

woooo!!!!

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Iperfungus

« Reply #490 on: Time Format »

True that.  "Awake" is a grower, for sure.  It gets better every time you listen to it.  "Lifting Shadows off a Dream" is criminally underrated.

AMEN, bro.  :bow:
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #491 on: Time Format »

Back in proper f**king form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:
On the run again!

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #492 on: Time Format »

Those are some GREAT pics brother!    :bow:
I tell you, I'll go see great not-as-famous bands in small clubs before I'll ever go see huge famous bands in stadiums all day any day.  My friends went to go see Metallica in Chicago (Soldier Field stadium, home of Da Bears) a week or two ago, and their pics sucked because their seating/view sucked!  Damn, they looked like ants on the stage.  And $11 for a shitty Miller Lite beer?  No thanks.  I'm glad I got to see them twice back when I did, 'cause I sure ain't interested in all that now!

These smaller venues rule, man.  There's a great venue near me that has some fairly heavy hitters come through now and then.  Best part?  When the show's over, there's a better than very good chance that you'll get to actually meet these artists afterwards, take pics, sign stuff, hang out and talk with them, etc.   I've got pics and memorabilia from Cannibal Corpse, Saint Vitus, YOB, Hour of Penance, Witch Mountain, Jex Thoth, The Skull, etc.  Absolutely priceless, man.  High On Fire was there a few years ago, (but I missed it) and it's on Youtube that someone interviewed Matt Pike before the show at soundcheck there at that venue.

Oh, what I'm listening to now?  The Skull.  Sound familiar?  Vocalist and bassist used to be in a band called....Trouble.   :metal: f*ck yes.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #493 on: Time Format »

Those are some GREAT pics brother!    :bow:
I tell you, I'll go see great not-as-famous bands in small clubs before I'll ever go see huge famous bands in stadiums all day any day.  My friends went to go see Metallica in Chicago (Soldier Field stadium, home of Da Bears) a week or two ago, and their pics sucked because their seating/view sucked!  Damn, they looked like ants on the stage.  And $11 for a shitty Miller Lite beer?  No thanks.  I'm glad I got to see them twice back when I did, 'cause I sure ain't interested in all that now!

Well sure its better, but then it was the perfect size for a band like Metal Church in a country like mine, with a smaller scene probably than the U.S.  Without a doubt Metal Church have the credibilty to be playing much larger audiences (check out their festival gigs last year - huge crowds and great reception) but when they come here, a club is best size for them.  So 200 were at that show.  Now squashed conditions, could still access the bar if I wanted, and when I went to the toilet I came back and my space was still there  :thumb-up:  could not ask for more.

Huge stadium gigs I have never attended before.  Only may be a ice hockey arena size venue where I saw priest from the back and at the seat s going up the sides.  I enjoyed it as it was like watching a dvd and no one was f**king with me  :thumb-up:  Plus good sound and I could see everything.

I shall check this band Skull out!  My friend loves Trouble (the band)!

As for meeting the band, yes you are right.  Metal Church went one futher by announcing before the end of the show they would be in the corner with the merch and would sign anything for anyone, and then after freely mingle about to chat to fans.

I aint never heard of a band doing that before.  I was so disappointed though as I had to leave other wise I would have been getting my dinner at midnight!!  I had work the next day so had to leave after the show, get a bus home and then get a shower and food so had I left it later i'd have been doing all that a lot later and been more screwed in work the next day!

The manager of my band put this show on, I told him he needs to bring them back so I can meet them  :thumb-up:  I missed Raven also after we supported them in the same club.  This wa sbecause their tour manager told us they would be going straight to their hotel room after the gig.  So when we loaded up our gear we left.  Next thing I get text messages saying "where are you?  we are in the bar sitting with Raven".

I was fuming and so disappointed as I had taken every album with me to have signed  >:(
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #494 on: Time Format »

This week, I've jumped into the way back machine and dug out some early prog-rock that I haven't heard in a long time. Very gratifying :thumb-up:

Probably no one else even remembers these guys  :lol:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45   Go Up