ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237496 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #465 on: Time Format »

OH!  And of course Autograph - That's the Stuff.  Steve Lynch, monster player, great hooks and catchy tunes.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Samuraipanda

« Reply #466 on: Time Format »

Metroid Metal - Expansion Pack
Koto - Masterpieces
Roxx Gang - Things You've Never Done Before
Heaven's Edge - Heaven's Edge

Heaven's Edge!! Local boys for me. Saw them tons of times back in the day. I still see Mark Evans once in a while. Reggie Wu is a hell of a player.

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #467 on: Time Format »

OH!  And of course Autograph - That's the Stuff.  Steve Lynch, monster player, great hooks and catchy tunes.

Autograph  :thumb-up: . Steve Lynch is one of the best guitarists in my opinion. But sadly, he's so underrated...

Orkun

« Reply #468 on: Time Format »

Also I listen this week;
Bon Jovi - I'd Die For You
Van Halen - Dance The Night Away
Fallen - Sahte (Awesome band from my country)

Also I bought a turntable. I will make a vinyl and CD collection. But mine is not too expensive or audiophile turntable. But I will buy an audiophile turntable and lots of things too :thumb-up: .

I have already a little CD collection. I bought lots of albums which I love. But just what I found. Damn, I couldn't find some of  underrated hard rock/metal bands' albums here >:D .

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #469 on: Time Format »

Hey Orkun (But I will buy an audiophile turntable and lots of things too :thumb-up:), now there's an expensive hobby LoL.  A point to be aware of (if you didn't know already) is the signal that comes from the cartridge in a turntable is eq'd (IEEE curve) and needs to be reversed prior to preamp (hence the phono inputs on HiFi gear ). Some of the newer cheap turntables include the eq stage within them so they can be plugged into Aux/cd/USB etc inputs.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #470 on: Time Format »

Isn't it RIAA ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #471 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, yes you're right, it's been a while since I thought about it much (too much computer shit in my head these days  :facepalm: ), all my vinyl is in a box in the shed, I'll get a turntable again one day... I have a QUAD 44 preamp, 606 poweramp and a pair of ESL 63s (such articulate speakers) which just need a nice Lin turntable (or similar) to create vinyl listening heaven... Actually my mate has a Stanton turntable to give me but it's ugly (and I have wooden floors, not great for turntables LoL).

Hey Orkun, mp3s are convenient but they suck if you want decent sound, but then it depends what you use to listen, when I play the wav files (or CD on my Nakamitchi CD player) through decent speakers and then compare with the mp3, then people get it, but through crappy ear buds  :facepalm: .  IMO "good" quality vinyl is still better than CD, but I'm an analogue die hard and the AD convertors are getting better.  Sony super audio uses 2Ghz sampling rate, goes flat to 100khz, that's getting as good as a 1" Studer mastering machine (tape) mmm tape...

And hey, no problem with your opinions, we respect them here.  If you spot any audio file gear you're interested in let me know, if I don't know about it I have a (mad) audiophile mate who probably will  :thumb-up: .  BTW QUAD is a very good brand and sometimes can be had for a bargain.. New QUAD stuff is now made in China (mostly electrostatic speakers), but they are quintessentially English with a strong tube heritage.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rickeb1

« Reply #472 on: Time Format »

Johnny Winter was one of my earliest influences on the guitar, right there with Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Beck. My first dose of Winter that really made an impression on me at that young age, was "Johnny Winter And, LIVE!."
  I played that record so much learning the songs on there that really knocked me out, that I literally wore the grooves off the album! The power and the energy of that album showed me just how the guitar could hit you like an atom b*mb. So I have to give credit to Johnny for turning me on to Chuck Berry and the Rolling Stones. I never had any desire to play Johnny B Goode, or Jumping Jack Flash until I heard the way he did it.

Harley 8)

Totally loved that LP as well!  I played that version of Jumping Jack Flash for many years!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #473 on: Time Format »

Johnny Winter was one of my earliest influences on the guitar, right there with Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Beck. My first dose of Winter that really made an impression on me at that young age, was "Johnny Winter And, LIVE!."
  I played that record so much learning the songs on there that really knocked me out, that I literally wore the grooves off the album! The power and the energy of that album showed me just how the guitar could hit you like an atom b*mb. So I have to give credit to Johnny for turning me on to Chuck Berry and the Rolling Stones. I never had any desire to play Johnny B Goode, or Jumping Jack Flash until I heard the way he did it.

Harley 8)

Totally loved that LP as well!  I played that version of Jumping Jack Flash for many years!

You and me both! I still play his version of "Rock Me Baby" when I go play Jam nights or Open Mic Nights, from the Still Alive And Well LP. :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #474 on: Time Format »

Hey Orkun (But I will buy an audiophile turntable and lots of things too :thumb-up:), now there's an expensive hobby LoL.  A point to be aware of (if you didn't know already) is the signal that comes from the cartridge in a turntable is eq'd (IEEE curve) and needs to be reversed prior to preamp (hence the phono inputs on HiFi gear ). Some of the newer cheap turntables include the eq stage within them so they can be plugged into Aux/cd/USB etc inputs.

Richie Sambora was the man for me when I was starting out!  He and Gene Simmons were the ones who made me want to pick up a guitar.  I had the Live at Wembly DVD and watched the Hell out of it!
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #475 on: Time Format »

Been on a Uriah Heep kick lately.   My favorite album: The Magician's Birthday.  :thumb-up:

Orkun

« Reply #476 on: Time Format »

Europe - Open Your Heart  :thumb-up:

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #477 on: Time Format »

Digging through this huge box with all the CDs I own and I find.....

TANKARD - The Morning After    :beer:  :o       Wow, been many years since I've listened to this one!

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #478 on: Time Format »

In preparation for the "Pumpkins United Tour":
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt.I+II

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #479 on: Time Format »

Metal Church because I'm going to see them tomorrow night  :whoohoo!:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45   Go Up